“The Food is So-So, Prices Are Reasonable” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
California
“The Food is So-So, Prices Are Reasonable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stopped here based on the reviews. Husband and I had the pulled pork sandwiches. The price was reasonable and came with a small bowl of chips and salsa. The sandwiches were on big buns, but the meat was more chopped up in small bits than pulled. The sauce was just ok. The chips were quite greasy and the salsa was thin. It was adequate, but we've had a lot better.

• Visited May 2014

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Good eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Have dined here several times and the food has been very good. From brisket plate, burritos, and even green cheese enchilada plates was delicious. Downside is usually crowded at lunch times plus having to order at counter and going back for chip and salsa refills. Even with that small inconvenience is definitely worth eating at.

• Visited April 2014
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“Disappointing restaurant. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here and were disappointed with the food. They have both BBQ and Mexican food. She had the pulled pork sandwich and I had the relleno plate. The pork was in a large bun swimming in BBQ sauce and was very messy. The rellenos were under done so I returned them. I opted for the chicken flauta and it wasn't too bad. They are known for their flautas however. It is a somewhat small and rustic restaurant that has been there for many years. I can't say we'd recommend it but there are better places in town.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I have been going to Ranchway for a long time now. 99% of the time, the food is excellent (especially the refried beans....), the service is okay.... since you pick up your own food and drinks. The gentleman taking the orders is hot and cold... to one customer he might be happy go lucky and the next cold and matter of fact.
I am glad I haven't had the experience with the cockroach or raw meat (like one person did)... cuz I would never go back there.
I think their prices are a little high, and the one time you are really craving it... you go and they are closed... but that is what happens in a small town with lots and lots of mom & pop places. It is definitely worth the try... you have to be your own judge.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, Arizona
“RECANT of my previous good review.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

After a recent bad experience, I cannot recommend this restaurant as I did previously, and I have to mention this experience due to sanitation concerns. I went there early one morning for shredded beef and bean burros (to go) for my crowd, but was floored when I got home and started handing these out. The shredded beef in the burros was nearly raw and cut in HUGE chunks! I immediately went back to the restaurant and was offered something different. HOWEVER, while I was standing at the counter, a medium-sized COCKROACH slowly crawled across the counter. Without hesitation, the older gentleman who was helping me (the owner?) smashed the thing with his hand right on the counter and just left the "stain" there. OMG. My stomach turned right there.....what else is roaming around free in this place?? I'm DONE with you, Ranchway. Too bad, you had potential :(

• Visited August 2013