“Delicious!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I would definitely go back. A lot of the locals suggested this spot and I was not disappointed. Get the fajitas... The steak and chicken was seasoned to perfection. I also enjoyed the margarita which was made with wine vs tequila. When I visit this city again I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to El Sombrero off and on since 1974. The green enchiladas continue to be some of my favorites. Today's lunch was fresh, flavorful, and perfectly-spiced. Our waitress was helpful and gracious. Some changes have been made since my last visit..... But, as on most of my previous visits, Christmas music was playing. I was having flashbacks to the 70's!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

There is no way to determine this without trying all the restaurants. Having said that, the food and service are both excellent. I got a shredded beef burrito; which, believe it or not had lots of perfectly seasoned beer

1  Thank donsted_41
Reviewed 14 November 2013

EL Sombrero is THE BEST food in Las Cruces. The chili con carne burrito SMOTHERED in their cheese dip is AMAZING! Also, you cant go wrong with any of the enchiladas. I moved to Las Cruces almost 2 years ago and have tried almost all of the mexican restaurants here and this one is BY FAR my favorite.

1  Thank britany h
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The salsa was hot. I know everyone has their own perception of hot, however used to eating hot foods this was hot. The red cheese enchiladas and the ground beef soft tacos were delicious. Wife had the stuffed sopaipillas and it was a huge order. Two on one plate and took one home. Would go back but just be cautious on the salsa.