“Good and tasty”

El Sombrero Patio Cafe
Ranked #20 of 379 Restaurants in Las Cruces
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Conover, North Carolina
“Good and tasty”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We love good, fresh Mexican food. Only beer and wine - had wine margaritas, but sangria was excellent. Place was busy, but service was excellent. Not a place for a "special" evening, but good food.

Visited February 2014

New Mexico
“Aways delicious! ”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here since the early 70's when it was behind the old Welcome Inn and it never disappoints. Service is always great, quickly served and a good Mexican beer selection (American too). My faves are the folded tacos and green and red enchiladas, salsa is hot (love) and the chips are served warm. Our sons grew up eating here and when they come home it's a must stop. Honestly have never had a bad meal here. One of my all time favorites!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I would definitely go back. A lot of the locals suggested this spot and I was not disappointed. Get the fajitas... The steak and chicken was seasoned to perfection. I also enjoyed the margarita which was made with wine vs tequila. When I visit this city again I will definitely go back.

Visited December 2013
“Still great!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to El Sombrero off and on since 1974. The green enchiladas continue to be some of my favorites. Today's lunch was fresh, flavorful, and perfectly-spiced. Our waitress was helpful and gracious. Some changes have been made since my last visit..... But, as on most of my previous visits, Christmas music was playing. I was having flashbacks to the 70's!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Is it the best? ”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

There is no way to determine this without trying all the restaurants. Having said that, the food and service are both excellent. I got a shredded beef burrito; which, believe it or not had lots of perfectly seasoned beer

1 Thank donsted_41