“Reservations”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Las Cruces
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had made a reservation for this room and asked for first floor. When we arrived there were no rooms on first floor with king bed. Staff upgraded us to a suite, as she read on my reservation that I had asked for first floor. Had a good nights sleep. Room was quiet and clean! For the price we might always consider suites. I also prefer the Comfort Inns over the Sleep Inns...they are a little nicer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Berna T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had planned to camp in our tent. We didn't know the the campground gate closed at 7 p.m. (Still seems abnormally early for that.) No other campgrounds, unless we backtracked miles and miles. Lightning in the gathering clouds. Time for a hotel.

Standard modern hotel room, standard rate, clean but nothing special, glad to be in out of the storm. The pool was being refurbished, but we were invited to use the pool next door (thunderstorm, so we declined.)

But the breakfast buffet! Make-your-own Belgian waffles, 2 kinds of scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juices, bagels, biscuits 'n' gravy, bread and a toaster, as well as packets of oatmeal to mix with hot water. The only thing we did not find was fish (my favorite breakfast is broiled trout or fried crappie, but I can make do with kippered herring), leftover pizza, or canned beans to put on the toast. No Pop Tarts, either, but we each had two enormous plates of excellent breakfast. We have been to these complimentary breakfasts at other hotels, where you get a stale greasy doughnut, an apple if you are lucky, and coffee.

Complimentary USA Today and local papers, too. The current ones and the ones from the previous day, too. If we are late for the campground again, this is where we will come.

Room Tip: If you get here in time, check out La Posta Restaurant in the Old Mesilla historic district.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Choice International needs to dump the ownership and/or this property. What an embarrassment to the Comfort brand. I was checked in and out by Rosa. She's a wonderful person, recognized my status with Choice, and upgraded my room. Now the building, lobby, and halls/rooms are well kept and very appealing. The cheapness of the owners reeks in the amenities of this place.

My room was a suite and very nice until I took a closer look. I had two old tube TV's from the 1900's. I haven't experienced a tube tv at a hotel in at least 5 years. The picture was fuzzy so I had to turn it around and connect the cable properly. The entire room had 1 trash can. The two toilet paper holders had 1 roll sitting on the sink unopened. I attempted to listen to the radio when I went to bed and there was no clock/radio. The next morning I used a worn out, thin washcloth and attempted to shave with a restrictor on the hot water faucet. It came out in a low stream, cold was fine, hot was totally restricted.

Breakfast looked good as I walked in but only 2 egg frisbees in the hotplate. I took one and nobody attempted to refill it. The apple juice came out clear because it was water. The orange juice was so sour I threw it away after 1 sip. I saw a few biscuits, a couple pieces of bread, and 1 small danish for the bread selection.

Any guest can see the property owners/managers are doing everything to cut corners here. It works one time, then you never get the return guest. I will not even think of staying at this place again. The owners are cheap. Choice needs to get somebody down to this hotel to fully inspect and upgrade.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank dcjw700
Berna T, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

Dear Dave,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. We recently came under new management and we are in the process of renovating the hotel completely. We installed new flat screen led tvs recently and and given a few months you should see a completely new hotel. We are taking utmost care to make sure our guests are not inconvenienced by our renovations.About the rates, generally third party websites online have lower rates than what show up in our system at the front desk because choice hotels and these third party websites have a tie-up where they get negotiated special rates in exchange for guaranteed reservations. Whenever our guests say they are getting cheaper rates online, we always urge them to book online because rates online are out of our control. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you next time you are in town.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel needs someone to come in & professionally clean! The bathroom was gross, it smelled so bad and the tub nor the sink drained. There were stains on the lamps, couch and dust on every ledge - not to mention that my feet were black from walking on the carpet. Breakfast might have been included, but there was nothing there my family would eat.

I did find the maintenance man and the front desk staff to be friendly and the beds appear to have been brand new (that is the only reason we did not deal with the hassle of changing hotels).

Unless I read that this place has been completely refurbished, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheila L
Reviewed 30 April 2014

There were so many problems, it would take more space than provided to state. The worst part is the staff response or rather non-response to problems. Rooms (stayed 2 nights, had different rooms) ranged from not great to awful, smelly and noisey. Desk clerk (who said he was the manager) knew problems with first and did nothing to recitfy it for us for 2nd night.
When we called Choice Rewards to complain, they didn't even recieve a response from the manager.
Obviously they just don't care.
We had stayed there a few times before, never again.
There's other choices around.

Room Tip: Rooms in front face busy street, rooms in back over look a bar/restaurant.
2  Thank twominks
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Booked a room online a month in advance. Choice member. We've stayed here before and, while not outstanding, it was acceptable and close to Mesilla. Literally 3 minutes from arrival and just over a block away my phone rang. The motel was calling to tell me that they had overbooked and I didn't have a room. They did find me a room at the La Quinta on Hickory. Decent room, higher rated on Trip Advisor. I think I'll try the La Quinta next time.

1  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here a few years ago and enjoyed the stay, returned March 22 and found it has gone down a little. Bed was lumpy and AC was noisy. Breakfast was very good but I think will look else ware next time.

1  Thank robertru44