“Pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Palatine, Illinois
“Pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise... I wasn't expecting much from a BW but the hotel is newer, and very clean. Staff was very friendly too. My reservation was missing, as was the reservation of the head of our party, but both were rectified quickly. I was also given a room on the non-highway side of the building, with no questions asked.

The bed and pillows were very comfy, which was so welcome, since I hadn't been sleeping well in NM - probably due to the altitude.

Breakfast was typical cereal along with some hot eggs and sausage, which is par for this sort of free breakfast. The buffet was kept very clean and the nearby front desk staff even kept an eye on our gear when we all ran to the bathroom before leaving in the morning.

Perhaps the best part for me was the service I got when I realized I had forgotten a camera battery and charger. I called, the front desk attendant knew exactly who I was (I'd only stayed 1 night), and when I returned to pick it up, she saw me come in the door and had it in her hand, waiting to give to me, before I said a word. Many thinks for such caring service.

Room Tip: It's quitter if you are on the side further form the highway, and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
montezumasuites, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Montezuma Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks which I have passed on to our staff. I hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have always enjoyed staying at the motel. The place is always very clean and the staff very pleasant. We travel back and forth from Wis. to Scottsdale, AZ and always stay at this motel. It's very easy to find, it's right on I-25.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind remarks. We look forward to seeing you next time
Albuquerque, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I spent nearly 4 weeks at this hotel and at first was quite impressed. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are great looking, and there is soup in the afternoon. My first two weeks I was a little miffed because my room was not cleaned daily. I went three days before saying something. After that my room was cleaned on a daily basis. Although, if drank all my in room coffee, it was hit or miss if I'd have some the next day. My third week there I had a different room where the entry door had a broke hinge. They attempted to fix it, but after a day it broke again. I just had to lift the door a little to get it to shut. My fourth week was problem free and nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your review. I have spoken to housekeeping about being more diligent when servicing guests who stay over and the other issues you mentioned have been rectified. Thanks again for your feed back, without it we cannot improve
Denver, United States
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Young man was not as pleasant as what we've experienced in the past at this hotel. Room appeared clean however, when you looked a bit deeper there was measurable dust on the bottom shelves of the nightstands. Make one wonder what else they cut corners on. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

montezumasuites, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Montezuma Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We are so sorry you were disappointed with your recent stay with us. You can be assured that we will be improving in all the areas you mentioned. We share reviews with all our staff in order that there is a greater understanding of the importance, and our expectations, of nothing short of excellence..I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you in the future
Sincerely
Littleton
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I had a good stay for a night on my way home. I had asked for a pet room on the ground floor near the exit and that is what I got. When I got there they had soup in the breakfast room and didn't mind that I had some right after I checked in - not even going to my room. I had been on the road all day and hadn't had lunch. They were very understanding. The staff was very accommodating the entire stay. The facility was very nice and had some nice "extras" had I had the time to use them. I would say this would be a good place to stay for whatever length of time you plan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Breckenridge, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Excellent stay from dinner recommendation from front desk to comfortable space in the room. Will always stop here with our grandparent visits to Arizona!Trip Advisor needs to change the 200 character requirement for this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank John P
Maple Grove
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Overall very nice. Some breakdown with breakfast supplies of food. Nice evening touch with hot soup served at 5:30 PM. Great staff. Very helpful and nice. Interesting city and good restaurant at Johnny's down the street. Always worth stopping for a meal.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family