“Dear people and comfortable place dog friendly!”
Review of KOA Las Vegas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Las Vegas
KOA Las Vegas
Orange County, California
“Dear people and comfortable place dog friendly!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a no-frills kinda place, although they have bike rentals and a nice pool (closed due to a broken pump... really sucked for the kids in 98+ temps) Super friendly people! They did a bbq dinner with home made potato salad and salsa that was FANTASTIC. Great place to meet other people and unwind after a day of travel. When you're traveling alone it's nice to be able to gather with some other folk. VERY dog friendly! Lots of places to go hike around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Hawkins, Texas
Reviewed 13 April 2014

this KOA is THE favorite of my family. it is quiet and very restful. we did not use the facilities, we had an RV. the sky is so clear. it is a good place to sky-watch. there are pinions everywhere and THAT makes the air smell terrific. it is as good spot for couples to reconnect. the rv spots are semi private. we had no neighbors when we were there. now that i am a widow, i would feel safe staying here by myself. things to see are close, but if you have an rv and no auto, it's far from town. the dropdown doesn't give dates of our travel but it was in 2010.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
colorado
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Drove down from northern Colorado and pulled in just before the office closed. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. RV full hookup site was level and clean. Restrooms and showers were clean. Being away from the city the stars are phenomenal at night. Communal pancake breakfast in the morning put it over the top as sitting down and talking to folks from other countries was a great way to start our day off. Gave us plenty of conversation for the drive ahead. Recommend it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 10 March 2014

It was another 4 day weekend and I was headed back towards Taos and Santa Fe. I wanted something less than a hotel, but more comfortable than tent camping as it's still winter. Having stayed at a few KOA Camping Cabins, I made reservations at the KOA outside Las Vegas, NM.

Cabin rental this time of year was only $45/night. At check-in, I found the service very attentive and friendly. The grounds were nice enough and very much like the rest of Northern New Mexico. The cabin was laid out like all the rest I've stayed in and was in good condition. There was a slight warp in the door that allowed a small draft at night, but it wasn't bad and not unexpected in a cabin like this. If you're used to feather beds, you might want to bring an air mattress. The mattresses are firm, but I find them comfortable enough with a comforter and bottom sleeping bag. The campground is about 8 miles south of Las Vegas, NM, but there are supplies in the office as well as a convenience store with a Subway less than 5 minutes away as you get off the Interstate. The distance from town was a positive for me. The location is relaxing and I enjoy the area. Noise from the Interstate is minimal. The restroom/shower facilities are clean and comfortable. The showers are a bit tight for a larger person, but workable, and the water is nice and hot. A portable electric heater was provided in the cabin which helped at night, this time of year. And for the first time, I found a KOA Cabin with A/C. I can see that as a benefit come summertime.

Overall, I was very happy with this KOA. As stated, I've stayed at numerous KOA Campgrounds and the Las Vegas, NM location delivers a solid and relaxing environment with great service and quality amenities for a campground. I will stay here again on future visits to the area.

Room Tip: Bring an air mattress if you're not a fan of firm beds in the Camping Cabins. And you will need...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I pulled in well after dark and a nice lady showed up and helped me get squared away. The sites are no better or worse than any other in this part of the SW that resembles the surface of Mars.
The facilities are clean though a little lacking in maintenance. Lots of hot water in the showers, which is most welcome this time of year. The wifi was about the best I've yet to experience in any KOA and was not (no surprise) Tengo Internet that I sadly encounter at so many other KOA's.
I camped in my van and overall had a comfortable experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
El Paso, Texas, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed 10/5/13 and 10/6/13. We are tent campers so I can't really comment on the RV sites.

PROS:
-Owners and staff were extremely friendly and helpful at all stages of the stay: reservation and all.
-Night check-in was easy. We arrived at nearly 1 am and had no difficulties.
-Bathrooms and showers were clean.
-The site is the closest to a state park camping experience we've had at a KOA: more secluded sites were available and there was no crowded tent camping with your neighbors practically on top of you.
-Small game room. It had a pool table, a couple of recliners, and a board game or two.
-Camping kitchen with sinks and such to clean up.
-Safe and secure. I've seen people complain about the price being too hight, but honestly that's what you pay for at a KOA. (Well...if you're tent camping, that and the showers.)

CONS:
-The secluded tent site was a little close to the highway. We tuned out the noise eventually but at first it was bothersome. Not the fault of the campsite, of course.
-It's VERY DARK at night, which is great for viewing the stars but make sure you bring good flashlights or head lamps if you're planning to walk back and forth to the restrooms or showers. We got lost a few times in the dark, and got a little scared when we saw one of the neighbor's dogs roaming the campground and mistook it for a larger animal. Again, wouldn't trade the view of the stars for better lighting; just make sure you come prepared.

Room Tip: If you tell the owner which kind of tent site you'd like when making reservations they'll tr...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie S
Mesa, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We stayed in this KOA 7-4-13 and 7-5-13. We have stayed in several KOAs in the past and found this one to be sub-standard. It was obvious there had been a heavy rain as there was a lot of run-off and erosion. The dog park fence had been flooded underneath and a St. Bernard could get out of it. Sites were laid out so getting in and out is difficult even for us pulling a 30 foot trailer. Lots of mud, dirt and gravel. Site was not level at all with a drop off right outside the door of the trailer. Ordered a breakfast at 8AM and finally got it at 9:10 after watching the two running the little kitchen like they had no clue where anything was. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple