“Great Place to stay! Clean rooms”

Knights Inn Las Vegas NM
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed the night here while traveling to Tucson Arizona. They accept pets too! The owner was extremely professional, the property grounds were well cared for and my room was very clean and it didn't even remotely reek of cigarette smoke. I would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone! They even provided a continental breakfast in the morning. Also the wifi worked perfectly! I will stay here again if I'm traveling in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan C

Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were on a long cross country trip, and Knights Inn in Las Vegas, NM, made for a welcome, well cared for place to stay for a night. My sister and I appreciated that there was plenty of counter space in the bathroom area, something we didn't always find. I especially appreciated the personal touch offered by the owner. He obviously cares a lot about his business and the people who come there to rest during their travels. We wish him well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Best bang for your buck. Friendly staff, clean rooms, extras, WI-FI strong enough to handle online gaming and great service. The staff will bend over backward to make sure you are satisfied with your stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Roth D
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was one of the best budget hotels I've ever stayed in. Very friendly staff, sufficiently large room which had all the amenities I wanted, free wifi that worked, small continental breakfast (cereal, danish, muffins), and clean! For $50, I was elated!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janss
Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

Back in Las Vegas for work went to my favorite hotel days inn they were sold out but referred me to their sister hotel Wyndham knights inn. Great room, great price, friendly staff, newly renovated hotel now I have two favorite hotels in this great Little town

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Mario1990
Reviewed 16 December 2012

The staff at this hotel are wonderful and friendly. At one time I had to leave my dog in my room and when she started to whine (because she needed to go out), the hotel clerk contacted me right away, in a friendly manner. Luckily my dog waited until I finished dinner to beg to go outside. They have plenty of walking area for dogs and treats at the front desk. The room was very quiet and comfortable. They set out a good snack each evening and breakfast every morning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JULIE W
Reviewed 6 October 2012

In early September, I reserved a room one week prior to my arrival in Las Vegas, NM. I reserved a single room for myself for three nights, as I was on a motorcycle trip in that area. I read the reviews on-line and it "appeared" this older motel appeared to be okay on the surface. I checked in on a Saturday afternoon, as I told Eva when I would be arriving. Prior to my arrival, I had reserved the room by using a major credit card, with the intention of paying for 2 or all the nights with cash in lieu of charging. I paid $120.00 in cash and the remaining balance via my credit card which was essentially one night. In retrospect, the 60-something per night was high considering Las Vegas, NM isn't exactly ABQ or Santa Fe.

Long story short, I gave Eva my cash and charged the room for one night, but when I received my CC statement last week I noticed that she took it upon herself to add two more nights to my CC without my approval. I called down to NM and spoke with a clerk who is not normally there and he told me that there was one CC receipt for the one night, that I signed for and one for two more nights that was unsigned by me. He reported there was no record of cash being received by "Eva".

I contacted my CC company and they have refunded the 120.00 charge and are investigating this woman's actions. I have sent the CC company all needed documents(receipts, etc) and they are now investigating the matter. When I called Eva, it was deny, deny, deny and she attempted to over-talk me during the telephone call. I told her that I had already contacted the CC company and I would be posting this review, as well as filing a complaint with the NM Attorney Generals office to file a complaint. She either didn't give a hoot or thought I would not follow through.
So, my opinion of this place was that it was satisfactory while I was there to "what a sleazy operation". My two cents on this matter, STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

One of the biggest red flags was that Eva stated she added two nights on to my CC because I only told her I would be there for one night. But logically, wouldn't an ethical business secure my signature on the additional charges before submitting it for payment?

In my line of work, I deal with many criminals and sociopaths, so when she became defensive and ramped right into the "deny, deny phase"- me smelled a liar right off the bat. Normally, I do not submit reviews via the net, but the CC suggested that I submit this review, but I was going to anyway without their prompting. I hope this helps someone else out there to avoid this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Oshea1950
elcaminomotel, Manager at Knights Inn Las Vegas NM, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Thank you for posting your review.
I just wanted to state that we do not have an employee named Eva that has ever worked for us. It is ours and most hotel policies that we charge the guest credit card on the day of arrival. That being said, I certainly understand your frustration with all the credit card issues you experienced.
We at Knights Inn must balance each evening and had there been a discrepancy the hotel would not have balanced. I hope the issue with your charges was resolved for you. It is our hope you will choose to stay with us at the Knights Inn (not Knights Rest) on your next stay in Las Vegas New Mexico. We will show you outstanding customer service. Please ask for me personally so I may welcome you to the hotel.

Troy Denison