“Above and beyond ....”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Las Vegas
New England
“Above and beyond ....”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Enroute to the western US flying as a modified aircraft to support a military exercise my travel day ended in Las Vegas NM instead of my usual stop over for fuel. Critical to staying on schedule and ultimately supporting the troops was being able to secure a nights rest and timely start in the morning. At a previous stop I called three area hotels, one listing transportation from the airport. With no local transportation services available in the town, this was my urgent need. Third try brought me to the highly professional staff of the Comfort Inn. After working through the desk staff they put me in touch with the manager. After explaining the situation he assured me he would take care of it. When I arrived 5 hours later, late in the evening, I called and a member of his staff that was coming off shift picked me up as a favor. This was with no more than my name and number. Professional, cheerful, and highly accommodating set against a very nice hotel with excellent rooms and amenities. In the morning the manager dropped me off before he started work. I was able to make my demanding schedule and arrive ontime and safely begin work.

To often, really above and beyond work ethic, service, and efforts are not recognized - the Comfort Inn of Las Vegas, NM deserves clear commendation for being an outstanding and highly responsive team. Gladly I have posted their attributes and information for other aviators on the various flying discussion groups online. What I want to recognize is all to often the efforts of one or two people are not recognized in how they support a larger group or event. By being on time, soldiers and marines preparing for this nation's defense received a portion of their training because a group of folks far away in northern New Mexico went "above and beyond", but I suspect this is more standard operations for them than not. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very helpful and responsive staff. Clean and well cared for property. Quiet rooms. Delicious breakfast! I will stay there again. We were driving a Uhaul and they are close to the freeway and have truck parking. Another time we arrived late at night and were well received.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We were traveling late and needed to find a room. We called from the road and found a comforting respite with Ashlee, who spoke clearly, was patient, gave us pertinent information, and was friendly and helpful when we arrived. She worked all night and then helped serve breakfast in the morning. She made our stay very pleasant!
The room was comfortable and adequate - not noisy or smelly. I was a little disappointed there was no Weather Channel on the TV, but overall, we were pleased.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice staff! Rooms were small but tidy. Nice sized mini fridge and a microwave in every room. Very tasty complimentary breakfast with very helpful wait staff. Perfect stop on your way to somewhere, very good for families with small kids who need a quiet spot.

• Stayed September 2013
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We are full time travelers and use Choice Hotels exclusively. We are Platinum Members of the Choice Privilege Program and our experience here with the Manager Mr Kirby and his entire staff is why we choose this chain. Our experience here was outstanding and to say it was anything less than perfect would be an injustice. Mr. Kirby obviously leads by example and his professionalism, courtesy and dedication to complete customer satisfaction is evident throughout the entire staff and in every facet of this establishment. From the reservation phone call to checkout and everything in between was simply outstanding. This particular hotel and staff are the example that all should follow and strive to be in the hospitality industry! A very special thanks to Mike (Mr. Kirby the Manager) along with Devon, Rosita and Sharon. If you're ever in Las Vegas New Mexico and want to experience hospitality perfection, you owe it to yourself to enjoy The Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: We only had one room during our 4 days, but we are confident that as long as the room is in this hot...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The staff went out of their way to help if we needed something. Good location just off the highway. The rooms are clean. We great experience and it was made even better that we could bring our pets with us.

• Stayed August 2013
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The motel staff was very accommodating. Especially Rosita who was very helpful helping us get set up with
the choice privileges program. The location of the motel is right off the interstate which is nice when traveling

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Thank you very much for you review. We really appreciate your comments. Thank you for acknowledging our staff members. We are in fact at a great location just right off I-25. Thank you; hope to see you back soon!