Days Inn by Wyndham Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$76
Regal Motel(Las Vegas)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Comfort Inn(Las Vegas)
US$96
US$82
Sunshine Motel(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
US$125
US$114
Knights Inn Las Vegas NM(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
US$72
US$69
Budget Inn(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$60
All reviewsold westhigh ceilingstown squarenew mexicoantique furnituregift shoporiginal hotella posada in winslowstep back in timenew sectionwonderful historic hotelmovie starstommy leegreat restaurantsanta fehotel barhaunted room
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This is a very nice, locally owned historic hotel on the Plaza in Las Vegas New Mexico. My room was in the modern addition and was very nicely sized with comfortable bed, refrigerator, and good working AC and WiFi. The desk clerks were very helpful and friendly. The bar area was festive but I thought the restaurant was only average. The hotel was within walking distance of other restaurants and shops and New Mexico Highlands University. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Kami P, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for staying at our charming jewel The Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas NM .We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience of the hotel and acknowledge our team member efforts. We can't wait to welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We are Canadians, but receive a New Mexico magazine subscription each Christmas from a friend who lives in Santa Fe. I couldn't help but notice ads and reviews of the Plaza Hotel. It looked just like a place we would enjoy. We weren't disappointed. Our room was in the old section of the hotel, furnished with antiques, but with thick mattresses, modern, fresh linens and a very up to date bathroom. We had planned to spend one night only, but after a wee taste of this place, we booked on for longer. Breakfasts were great, either full English or New Mexican style. We did not have dinner at the hotel, but the menu looked appealing. Servers were always gracious, helpful and friendly. The adjoining pub featured local craft beer as well as old standbys. We neglected to have a margarita, but the table next to us said that they were really great.
The concierge was friendly and helpful, as was the front desk clerk. They offered information on places for us to see within walking distance.
A movie was made this year in Las Vegas, N.M., starring Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, as well as many other well known actors. Guess where they stayed? The Plaza!

The park facing the hotel has an old bandstand that offers free music on the weekends. It has a real lawn with real grass, that is watered with grey water from the hotel. Shops encircle the park, including antiques, art and crafts, a great old pharmacy with soda fountain and bent wire chairs encircling round tables. Walking toward the centre of town you pass an abundance of Victorian storefronts, some restored and some in the original condition.
We are architecture fans and were pleased to find a building in the Richardsonian Romanesque design, that resembled one that was built in the same era as our Canadian hometown Town Hall and Opera House. The old railway hotel and station was evocative of early Spanish American architecture. We wandered past Victorian and Edwardian mansions, also smaller houses of the same vintage,some restored and some a bit down at the heels, but still interesting.
There is a new area in Las Vegas, with all the box stores and fast food places one would want, if that was their preference. We opted for small restaurants in the old city, with typical New Mexican food.
I can't wait to see the movie, that will be released in 2014.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the park might be a bit noisy. If you want an old fashioned feel, book into the old section of the hotel. The new section is more modern and austere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank penelopeone
Kami P, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for staying at the beautiful Historic Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas NM .We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, breakfast, the décor as well as the history of the hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the staff and their hard work.

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and look forward to having you again very soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Historic hotel that has been lovingly restored. Overlooks the town park in a quaint shopping district. Our room was in the newer section (Room 318) overlooking the plaza. AARP Room rate was $92.65 - with taxes $103.83, and that included an "order off the menu" breakfast for two. Room was spotless. Service was excellent throughout our stay. Breakfast was by far the best "free breakfast" I have ever had at a hotel. Bed was comfortable and linens were good quality. I also always appreciate small touches provided such as "spa" type shampoos & conditioners. Thank you!

The hotel is large and rambling and fun to walk up/down around the wide antique staircases and through the halls. There is an elevator and they also have a luggage cart. Besides the restaurant, there is also a fun bar downstairs (Karaoke anyone?) that has outside seating. My rule is "death before karaoke" (singing isn't a strong point) so we sat outside and enjoyed people watching. The party went on way after we went to bed, and although I was aware of the noise (the bar was two floors directly below our room window) - it didn't bother me or keep me awake. My husband didn't hear it at all.

The staff was more than just courteous. They were genuinely friendly and helpful. We did not encounter one snarly employee during our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Historic Plaza and we will be back!

Motorcycle Tip: Check out our front row parking pics. You cannot park directly in front of the doors, but you can park in front the hotel. Also, we left our truck/trailer in Las Vegas as this was our "take off" point for motorcycle trip thru NM, CO, UT, and AZ. It was suggested that we talk to someone at the police station about leaving our "rig" in their lot. The police station is just on the other side of the plaza/park. The police were extremely helpful and allowed us to park without a problem. They have security cameras and we left it for 10 days with no issues at all.

Las Vegas, NM - you can tell LVNM is struggling some with economy and perhaps even some heightened crime. There are some fabulous shops, but you also get the feeling that it can be slightly "rough". Lots of bars on windows/doors, etc. I never felt "unsafe" at all in the plaza area, but - I was very "aware" of my surroundings.

Room Tip: Room tip: depends on what you are looking for and how light of a sleeper you are. Talk to the hotel clerk when reserving. They will guide you to the best available room for you.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy O
Kami P, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the beautiful Historic Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas NM .We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, breakfast, the décor with us as well as the history of the hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the staff and their hard work.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stay here a lot. Twice a year for the past 15 years. It's reasonably priced and centrally located. I always ask for a room in the new section as I think the beds in the old section are as historic as the hotel.

So, I check in on Sept 8 and go down for an awful dinner (see my separate restaurant review). I return to the room, settle in, grab the remote and the tv listing guide. Only problem is that the guide was from August and apparently the cleaning staff did not bother to replace it in the previous 8 days.

I left the next day and went to work. When I returned at 7PM, the room was made. However, the table where the coffee pot and ice bucket and glasses were was as I left it, which was in need of cleaning as almost everything was used. And no replacement coffee either. I had to go down to the front desk to ask for a clean glass. And the dirty linens were left in the bathroom.

I would grade this as poor, except there is nothing else in this part of town and it is convenient for me. It looks nice, but that is about it. My understanding is that they had a management change about 6 months ago and is appears it has all been downhill from there.

Room Tip: If you check in on a Friday or Saturday night and stay in the new section, be sure to ask if there is a wedding, quinceañera (yes, the adults always party hard at the children's events here in NM) or any others sort of event. If so, ask to be placed as far away as possible from the ballroom as there are rooms right above it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank BLDTraveler
Kami P, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for staying at the beautiful Historic Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas NM .We are sorry to hear that your had some bad experience with your stay particularly with the restaurant and housekeeping. We will address the issues immediately and we hope that you give us another chance to prove our hospitality to you.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

The Plaza is a historic landmark dating back to 1882. I love the old world charm and they have tried very hard to stay up with the times. Free WiFi, sit-down breakfast and the normal hotel stuff makes up for the cookie cutter rooms found else where. Cross the street and enjoy the plaza with carvings and period history. If you are headed to Santa Fe this is just 1 hour away and 25% of the cost of a room there. A must see for the history buff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kami P, Manager at Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for staying at the beautiful Historic Plaza Hotel in Las Vegas NM .We are happy to hear that your drive was well worth it and you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the history of the hotel.