“Great place for the money”
Review of Holiday Motel

Holiday Motel
Holiday Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
“Great place for the money”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stopped here because of some good reviews, and probably wouldn't have otherwise. GLAD WE DID. Rooms were clean, staff is very friendly and accommodating. Great for $40 price tag. Nice water pressure in the shower! Only negative is the noise from the train across the street. EAR PLUGS permitted us a very good nights sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GTFOD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Pros: Room was completely clean. No hair in linnens and carpets were practically new. Premium channels on TV, bed was comfortable. Large room with desk, table & chairs, dresser unit, armchair. Full bathtub/shower stall.

Cons: Train across the street. Horn was noticable indoors but did not disturb our sleep, however light sleepers may wake up. There were a few mosquitoes in the room.

Overall this was a fantastic value for the money and I would definately stay here again. Usually I won't stay at a non-brand motel, but this was a very pleasant experience and I'm glad to give some business to Ma & Pa places and not just big-business.

• Stayed September 2013
Plano
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We read the online reviews and decided to stay hear because it was cheap and clean; we didn't really care that the train track was right across the street or that the pool had not been functional for over ten years. We arrived and booked two non-smoking rooms. We drove from the front desk to the rooms and checked them out. We discovered bed bugs, spiders, cigarette smell, and cigarette burns on the bed spreads. We immediately drove back to the front desk and spoke with the staff. He told me that he could not give me a refund and pointed to the fine print at the bottom of the check-in receipt that said "No Refunds" so we left to stay at a different hotel. I am currently in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card company.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Chris N

Travellers are raving about these Lordsburg hotels

Missouri
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The good: Excellent price in the low 40s. Although dated decor, the room was very clean. Decent wifi. Large room with microwave and fridge. Easy walking distance to several good restaurants. If you've got young'ns, there's a large playground on site, though don't expect it to meet current safety standards - it's a vintage playground. The motel feels like a very safe place.

If you're a coffee drinker, bummer. No coffee makers in the rooms. And although the coffee in the lobby is supposed to be ready at 7:00 a.m., this was only the case on one out of three mornings I was there. I had to ring the night bell on two mornings, then wait while coffee was made. Fortunately, this was a speedy process. I was kicking myself that I hadn't brought my own coffee maker - it's a drag to have to get dressed and walk to the lobby for some. Bring your own coffee maker.

On a bad note, there is no sound proofing between the rooms. Zee-ro. The good news is that if you run the heater, a/c, or as I did, just the fan - this obliterates the sounds from the adjoining rooms, so it's kind of a wash. I'm sure your neighbors will also be grateful not to hear your TV and conversation, as well.

For me, hearing the trains go by frequently was a nice sound - part of the ambiance of the location. If this isn't for you, however, know that the train tracks are just across the road and the trains come and go often.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Livingrootless
Rhode Island
Reviewed 16 February 2013

This was a great place to stay at! Rooms clean, sturdy bed, fridge, microwave, free Wi-Fi, and very reasonable 40.00/night including tax. Pet Friendly too. If you are a rail fan like me, you will love the continuous passing of long freight trains! There's a playground out front too! Will definately stay here again!!! People at front desk very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank len0963
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We were traveling in southern New Mexico and found this "retro" motel. The room were large and clean. Microwave and refrigerator were in the rooms. The price was under 40 for the night. I would love to see this place back in the old days. Great place for tired travelers. Good beds.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Molly O C
Camarillo, California
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Great Value, we were crossing the country and stayed one night. Friendly people, very clean nicely furnished room, great shower, good TV, comfy Mattress. I travel with my own pillow so no rating on the pillow. Has old, non- operational swimming pool. Has small playground for young children. Location is on the old, main highway so is tired part of town. Train tracks near but didn't bother me.

• Stayed July 2012