“Plain old place, but good food and service”

El Charro Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Lordsburg
Cuisines: Mexican
Driggs, ID
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Plain old place, but good food and service”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We eat Mexican food a lot and the food here was a little above average and a good value. The Negra Modelo beer was served in a frosted glass and the service was quite good. The waitress was about 80 and great. No atmosphere, but locals gave it color.

Visited May 2014

Clovis, California
“Bring your patience”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This place was pretty busy for a Saturday (seemed like it was frequented by a lot of locals, always a good sign). There were two very busy waitresses so that might account for the very loooong wait.

The chips were good, salsa ok, and the margaritas mediocre. I had chicken tacos which were tasty, and hubby had a green chile dish which he thought was very good. We probably shouldn't have continued eating chips until our meal got there, because by the time it got there, we were pretty full.

It's kind of "hole in the wall'ish" so don't expect anything fancy!

Visited May 2014
“Bad food, bad service, bad everything.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I don't like to be mean, but this was just the worst Mexican food I'd ever had. New Mexico has excellent red chili sauce, it's famous.They grow the chilies there! I seriously think the sauce was from a can. There is no excuse for this horrible food. They should know better. The service was bad too, it took the waiter so long to bring us menus we later realized he was giving us a chance to escape. We were the only customers there the entire time. My husband took two bites and couldn't eat it. Even when we went up to the register to pay, the workers just looked at us from the kitchen and it took forever for someone to come and collect the money. I really don't know how they stay in business. Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sammysmam
Lordsburg, New Mexico
“Not bad, but not the best.”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have had some incredible tacos and good chile rellenos at El Charro, but I have never been satisfied with their service. Waitresses are very slow to help you and I have often felt like I'm inconveniencing them, even when they are not very busy. The place is not at all aesthetically pleasing. Prices are also a bit high compared to other New Mexican food restaurants in the area.

• Visited November 2013
Atascadero, California
“Real Homemade Tex Mex - What Flavor”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Well Green Chile! Wonderful Green Chile! Perfect Chile rellenos! Lovely service, and when I said I wanted to try the red sauce as well, a complimentary red enchilada was given to us! Inexpensive and fun. Yes it is a beat up old building and the facilities are very worn, but I came for the food and will come back now that I have a favorite spot in Lordsburg. Don't let the exterior fool you! The food is real good!

• Visited November 2013