“recommended in this area”
Review of American Motor Inn

American Motor Inn
American Motor Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
CA
“recommended in this area”
Reviewed 25 December 2006

We stayed at this place for two nights while visiting our relatives in June 2006.

This time around, we chose to stay at this place again for a night in December 2006. It seems the hotel is under new management as they were busy organizing things. We were warmly welcomed and offered a good /clean room. The service was perfect and all ameneties were in good shape and properly working.

We would recommend this place for anyone who is traveling in the area and want to rest for a day or night.

Anonymous
Sonoma, CA

• Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank MonteCarlo_Traveler

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 20 July 2006

I was forced to stay in Lordsburg due to vehicle problems for two days. The second night, due to financial considerations, I looked for a less expensive place to stay as all I cared about was a shower and a bed. There are a number of motels on Motel Drive in Lordsburg, but all are old, worn out properties advertising rates in the upper $20 range on up.

The American Inn appears to be run by the same East Indian family that operates the Super 8 in Lordsburg, where I spent my first night (see separate review). Same staff at both places. The room I got was very spartan, and about what you would expect for the price. But, the carpet was perhaps the most horrendous I have ever seen in a place of lodging. HUGE dark stains of every conceivable type, filthy looking, and smelly. I wore socks the whole time I was there, I did not want my feet coming in contact with it!

Also, it was mid July and the swimming pool had no water in it. Do not go to the adjoining restaurant. It had no a/c and it was swarming with flies, which apparently the locals are used to.

Spend the extra money and stay at the Holiday Inn Express or the Days Inn, which are both nice and representative of their respective chains. I know I should have.

• Liked — cheap, cable tv and free local calls
  • Disliked — filthy stained carpet
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid it
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank moneylab

Travellers are raving about these Lordsburg hotels