“Surprisingly nice”

Motel 6 Lordsburg NM
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lordsburg
Reviewed 2 April 2014

That's not a good way to start out on a review to call a hotel surprisingly nice, but, this one was just that. I didn't expect it to be as nice as it was, being an older, single-level-door-to-the-exterior type of motel. But, the room that I had was pretty freshly-updated and the bathroom was one of the best with a full, enclosed bathroom and also a huge, granite-topped sink outside of the bathroom, as well. A great tv with a ton of channels and the room was literally whisper quiet. I didn't hear any sound at all from adjacent rooms. The breakfast was fantastic, also. Little omelets and sausages, packets of Quaker oatmeal, and my favorite - hard boiled eggs. They also have a waffle maker and all sorts of juices, pastries and everything you expect. It was all clean and well laid out. The two folks at the front desk (check-in and check-out) were both fantastic. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
gary60745, General Manager at Motel 6 Lordsburg NM, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at . 575-542-8807

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We spent one night here on our way through. The hotel was easy to access. We found the staff friendly and the room very good. It was nice to have a good restaurant next door. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
gary60745, General Manager at Motel 6 Lordsburg NM, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I am pretty fussy when it comes to staying in a hotel. In fact, I bought a motorhome because I prefer being in my own surroundings when I travel. Hotels feel like hotels. There are times, however, that staying in a hotel is necessary or more expedient. I have stayed at Best Westerns a lot in the last few years. It seems that most Best Westerns have easier access to your room from your car. Many hotels, you can just back up to your door. It seems that Best Westerns have all been remodeled and have upgraded the beds and extras in the rooms. I feel at home when I have stayed at a Best Western. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I would recommend this hotel to family or friends if they ask me where to stay while traveling through Lordsburg, New Mexico. The price of the room is very reasonable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
gary60745, General Manager at Motel 6 Lordsburg NM, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Stayed one night and was pleasantly surprised by the room, it was very clean and quiet, and there was a nice restaurant next door. There were western prints by Gloria Eriksen on the walls and berber carpet on the floors. The A/C had the kind of fan that would stay on continuously instead of cycling on and off so that was good. Being single-story means you don't hear any noise from above. My only minor complaint would be the overhead light fixture has a florescent type bulb and casts a ghostly gray light. The property is near the Interstate on Main Street, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 23 March 2014

For the money, this is the best motel I have been in for some time: plenty of space, excellent bed, linens, refrigerator, microwave, and cleanliness. Great staff, free internet, good bathroom, could not think of anything else I would need that was not provided. The breakfast had hot sausage, bacon, coffee, juice, hardboiled and scrambled eggs, cereal, rolls, juices, etc. Right off the highway, nice restaurant next door.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and were pleasantly surprised, the staff friendly, the room very large and very clean, breakfast was good, parking was good, the only downside was that the reception area and breakfast room were separate from the actual motel rooms so in inclement weather would not be nice to walk to here.

Room Tip: Any room would be quiet here
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
gary60745, General Manager at Motel 6 Lordsburg NM, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night on our road trip. We had a nice room, King bed with a very good mattress. Table with two chairs. Fridge. Free in-room Wifi. 2 separate sinks and a well decorated bathroom. All very clean. A Restaurant is right next door. The pool was closed at that time of the year.
Breakfast was basic, but OK. We really had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
gary60745, General Manager at Motel 6 Lordsburg NM, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .575-542-8807

Sincerely,G/M