“good coffee, friendly staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madrid
Java Junction Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Madrid B&B and Inns
Atlanta
“good coffee, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We didn't stay at the B& B but really enjoyed the coffee shop. The lady running it was very friendly and very helpful in telling us about other atttractions in town. and the coffee was really good. The B&B was cute, if I ever get back to Madrid I would like to stay there.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Pueblo West, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

Had a great stay and enjoyed the locals immensely. It amazes me how anyone could leave a negative review; the place was clean and exactly what I expected.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Funky town, nice folks at the coffee shop (we didn't have the pleasure of meeting the owner), good wifi, and the ready made breakfast burritos were good. But the shabby chic decor of the suite is more shabby than chic, showering in the sulphrous nonpotable water left our skin parched, and not being able to flush paper due to vintage plumbing was kind of a pain.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank woollymammoth
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have just spent two nights in theJava Junction B & B and cannot praise it highly enough. The booking experience set the tone for my stay, Nancy (the owner) asked me what time I thought I might arrive adding that if it was after 5pm she would leave the key under the mat! As stated by other reviewers, the accommodation is above the coffee shop. It is a traditionally decorated and spacious room with a very comfortable old fashioned bed. The large claw footed bath(with shower)was a joy, after the small baths in the other places I have stayed on this trip. The room is light and airy and very homely. There is a private roof terrace where you can sit and enjoy the views and the sound of birds singing, including the chickens next door. The next door neighbours also have a couple of llamas! There is off street parking. Breakfast, consisting of coffee and pastries or breakfast burrito, is served in the coffee shop which seems a very popular meeting place for the local community and Nancy makes you feel very welcome without intruding on your privacy. Madrid is a great place to stay, if you ignore the "wild Hogs" link, it is laid back and bohemian with a Glastonbury feel to it. By staying overnight you get a better feel for the place as most tourists seem to pop in for the day and are gone by 6ish. The Java Junction has little B & B competition in Madrid, but even if it did it would be at the top of my list of places to stay there.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Marc L
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

We spent only one night but we were very happy at the Java Junction B & B. Large room with just about everything you need. I loved the large claw foot tub...and it now has a full shower set up too. Wireless internet included. We love funky and cozy and that is this place. The locals all gather downstairs in the morning...we felt apart of the town. We highly recommend! The town of Madrid is fun to explore.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank imn2flwrs
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

I’m normally not a “bed and breakfast” person, but the Java Junction was an exception. First of all, you have the whole house to yourself after the coffee shop closes. No noisy people in the next room or anything. You are given a key to a separate entrance. After climbing the tall steps, you have the entire spacious upstairs all to yourself.
The upstairs space is gorgeous and roomy. There is a very high ceiling and the space is all one room (except the bathroom). The best part is the nice back patio surrounded by trees. It was very relaxing. There is a full kitchen including stove, oven, microwave, and all pottery. They advise you not to drink the water, so plenty of culinary water is provided in the refrigerator. There is a six foot bear claw tub. Unfortunately, there is no shower. Plenty of plush towels were provided.
There are books, games, and a television that gets cable or satellite (plenty of channels).
The décor is very tasteful. You soon forget you are in a 100 year old home, until you look at the dilapidated one next door. Although the next door home looks about ready to fall down, someone actually lives there. Brewed coffee and a pastry are complimentary each morning. I was worried the coffee shop opening would be loud and wake us up abruptly, but that didn’t happen. The 100 year old construction must provide some sound proofing.
There is a very small grocery market within walking distance. There was only one place to eat in the entire town the Saturday night we were there. Let’s just say it had character. We strolled the galleries and shops during the day, and then had a few drinks in the bar in the evening. The bar was full of local color.
The best thing about staying in Madrid was that there are no other hotels; only a few visitors can stay overnight in this town. It was very interesting to interact with the locals in the morning before the tourists came started rolling in around 10 AM. Many of the locals congregate at the coffee shop and talk. You sort of wake up to the town hub beneath you. There is a LOT of local color gathered there; many interesting characters to talk to. Even though I was an outsider, people were very friendly and engaging. Interesting stories from people, if you take time to tease stories out of them.
We did not experience the road noise or the high speed cars whizzing by that the other reviewer mentioned. There is an air conditioner right by the bed, so you could always turn it on to “fan” if you did have a noise problem. The front door lock appears to be very secure and there is a phone inside with emergency contact numbers listed.
The Java Junction was a very unique experience that I will always remember. I highly recommend staying at this Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Outdoorpartner
New York NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

The is essentially the second floor of the coffee shop in Madrid, Java Junction. The room is spacious, equipped with satellite TV and wireless Internet. There's a back porch that looks out on the hills surrounding the town.

Minuses are few but significant. There is no shower, just a big tub, and during our stay fumes of raw sewage from a port-a-potty outside occasionally wafted on to the porch and into the bathroom when the wind was right (or wrong, depending on how you look at it).

Having said that, the room is spacious, and beautiful without being touristy, i.e., you know you're in Madrid, an unincorporated village along the "Turquoise Trail," state highway 14 which meanders between Santa Fe and east Albuquerque. Big plus, there's a coffee-shop downstairs and the coffee is excellent and breakfast is included in your stay.

Unfortunately, probably due to the currently-depressed economy, they denied my companion a second cup of coffee on the house, and when I had to make a change in plans suddenly they enforced the 48 hour cancellation policy even though I had stayed one of the two nights I reserved and I gave them all of the advance notice that I had. Also, I have to say, there's no reason for the person manning the coffee shop to be as surly as she was. It was impossible to get her to smile, even though I was as cooperative as I could be.

But, These things aren't high on my list of values for places to stay, so I still think this place is worth a visit if you need a cozy room with good WiFi in Madrid. It's just unfortunate that in a town that relies entirely upon the tourist trade for it's economic base treats us like intruders and sources of irritation.

But, if you're like me and refuse to hold that kind of petty short-sightedness against a B&B, you'll enjoy your stay here. They also reserve you a place to park your car, which can be quite a perk in Madrid, particularly during weekend days. The wifi Internet is fast and they paint a strong signal in the room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rdewald
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madrid
Inn At Santa Fe
#13 of 60 in Santa Fe
Rancho Gallina
Rancho Gallina
#9 of 36 in Santa Fe

Been to Java Junction Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!