“Decent for the price”
Review of Western Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Magdalena
Western Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Magdalena
Wimberley, Texas
“Decent for the price”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The owner/manager was friendly. The room was clean. It's probably about time to replace the carpet. However I expect in a small, out-of-the-way town like Magdalena it's hard to charge enough and have a high enough occupancy rate to do more expensive repairs like that. It's not the Four Seasons, but the price sure isn't the Four Seasons either. The town lies in a beautiful area of NM. I'd stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Don't listen to the guy who needs seperate king-size beds for he and his wife. That one sounds like a real piece of work. My family happened here by chance and we were very comfortable at this quaint motel. What it lacks in big chain corporateness it more than makes up for in charm. Room was cozy; equipped with TV, fridge & microwave. Owners are very kind and tell some fascinating stories about the motel and town of Magdalena. The motel is old, but for us that's what made the experience invaluable. And it's priced right, too. Bring your hair dryer. Though I'm sure someone would loan you their personal one. It's that kind of town.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AngeleHill
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I loved the Western motel and enjoyed my stay. It is ran by new owners who are very nice. The rooms are western themed and are cleaned very well, also includes a microwave and a good sized refrigerator not one of those really small ones where nothing fits! My bed was neatly made and i slept comfy and cozy with the a.c on high! Also dont let me forget to mention there is free wifi and if your anything like me wife is a big priority, so that was a big plus. So in the end i enjoyed and loved my stay anytime i visit magdelana they can expect my business. Thumbs up to the Western Motel!

• Stayed October 2012
bosque farms nm
Reviewed 6 July 2012

we are members of a ghost hunting group and 12 of our members went to magdalena to investigate the area. westayed at the western and it was a very pleasant motel with excellant people in charge, everything was clean and decorated very nicely we will definately be using the western again rated 5 stars by our group

Room Tip: room 16 was wonderful loved it very comfortable and clean
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Central Arizona, Arizona
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We made reservations here months ago. When we arrived, they had misplaced the reservation but never fear, there were rooms available. We arrived at dusk and were very tired. We asked for a king bed and were told that there was one room with two king beds so we took it without looking at it. It had two queen beds. My wife said she was tired it was ok. The room was ok, it was small with a small microwave and a small refrigerator and a weak wifi signal. Like I said it was ok until you got to the shower. No tub just a two and one half foot square roughly tiled area I think was a shower because of the pipe and shower head. I have travelled a long time and in some pretty rustic areas but this was the smallest shower I have ever experienced. The adjustment for heated water took awhile to get used to. I would call it non standard or rustic. I was able to wash my hair and chest but nothing that required bending over.
The beds were adequate. Something softer than the floor. As stated we were very tired and we did not get a good nights rest. Every car or truck that went down the street could be heard.
The wind was blowing the night we were there and you could hear it as though it were blowing through a barracks.
I know that I am recounting extraneous stuff but I just wasn't happy.
All I can tell you is good luck with your stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Beautifully maintained, friendly staff. Unfortunately the bed was too bouncy and worn out.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suemap
New Mexico
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The rooms are cute and rustic looking. They have wi-fi and the owners are very friendly and accommodating. The RV Park in back is basic but inexpensive and quiet. The real draw was the Magdalena area but the Western was the best place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Magdalena
Americas Best Value Inn Socorro
Best Western Socorro Hotel & Suites
Super 8 Socorro
Super 8 Socorro
#6 of 10 in Socorro

Been to Western Motel? Share your experiences!