I booked the hotel online and specified an early arrival at 10 am. When I got there, I was told that there are NO early arrivals! I wished that someone would have called or emailed me after I made the reservation online.
We got there at 10:30 am and were not given a room till 3pm. My kids were exhausted!! They told me to check back at 12 and then at 1 and at 2. I went back and checked at 2:40 and still I was told they had no clean rooms. I am sure that they can not expect me to believe this. So un-professional, I had never experienced this ever! I have stayed in quite a few hotels, Cheap and Expensive, But I had never been told that there was not one room cleaned, but at 3 pm, we got our room.
At 10 am early the next day I heard the housekeeping team vacuuming the room next to us! I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE WERE ROOMS AVAILABLE!! They just chose to NOT give us a room! Terrible service.
I would have taken off the minute that they told my room was not available if it wasn't for my kids that wanted to stay there. BIG disappointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel