We arrived after check in time to be told we would have an hour wait because they had no clean rooms. We were not the only ones. Its remote location, which we feel is a plus, wasn't really conducive to travelling anywhere so we just waited. When we got to the room, it appeared ok, but my request for extra pillows and towels had been ignored.
We called for towels and pillows and they were assured, but never came. The person on the phone was really rude. We called for towels and pillows after we returned from dinner and towels eventually did get sent up. The next morning, I called housekeeping and asked, again, for pillows and some bottled water. Got pillows, no water.
For this supposedly being a 4 start or diamond resort, it is terribly lacking. From check in to check out, the personality of the employees is just stale. The smoke from the casino creates a thick haze and nasty smell in the hallways you have to walk through to exit or go to parking.
The last straw that made me never want to stay there again was what I saw on the second night when I was taking a bath. I had run scaldin gwater in the tub before doing so. Then, as I was sitting there, I noticed the base of the toilet was SO FILTHY, I thought I would throw up. It looked like it had not been cleaned EVER and I don't even have to tell you what was on it. I will NEVER stay there, again.
I agree with other posters. The buffet is very expensive and food quality mediocre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- EXPERIENCE A RESORT AND CASINO THAT IS ABOVE AND BEYOND. New Mexico’s premier mountain resort awaits with impeccable service, mouthwatering cuisine for every palate, incredible gaming action, and breathtaking alpine scenery to nurture your soul. Situated high in the picturesque mountains of Mescalero, New Mexico just outside of Ruidoso, guests return time and time again to Inn of the Mountain Gods to enjoy the clean mountain air, stunning panoramic views, and exciting entertainment options. Upon your arrival, you’ll be greeted by a stunning lobby featuring a sweeping view of the snowcapped mountains, lake and championship golf course. Guests have come to expect all of the little extras that come standard here at Inn of the Mountain Gods. From the moment you arrive, you’ll be enchanted by original works of art throughout the property, roaring fireplaces in the lobby, and a tranquil setting that makes the everyday world feel a million miles away. Beyond that, discover an endless variety of activities, entertainment and escapes to make it a getaway you’ll never forget. 273 LUXURY ROOMS AND SUITES, NUMEROUS DINING OPTIONS FROM A SIGNATURE STEAK AND SEAFOOD RESTAURANT TO A SCRUMPTIOUS BUFFET, 40,000 SQUARE FEET OF MEETING SPACE, 38,000 SQUARE FOOT CASINO, INDOOR POOL, A FULLY EQUIPPED WORKOUT FACILITY, SKIING AND SNOWBOARDING, 18 HOLE CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF COURSE, BIG GAME HUNTING, SKEET SHOOTING, HORSEBACK RIDING, FISHING, GONDOLA RIDES. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn Of The Mountain Gods Hotel Mescalero
- Hotel Of The Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Inn
- Inn Mountain Gods
- Mountain Gods Hotel
- Of The Mountain Gods Hotel