“Disappointing”

Thai Delight
Ranked #12 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

As a new resident of Las Cruces and a fan of Thai food, I was expecting better tasting food after reading Trip Advisor reviews of the Thai Delight. Instead, my wife and I found our food to be lacking in the complexity of taste and texture we have come to expect in well prepared Thai food. Also, the service we received was slow and indifferent.

Visited July 2013

Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Average Thai Food at Best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

My wife and I found the food at Thai Delight generally lacking in depth and complexity of flavor compared to other Thai food we've eaten. The panang curry I ordered was hot, but did not have that delightful variation in heat found in curry cooked with small Thai peppers providing variation in flavor and heat from one mouthful to another. My wife's basil and rice dish was quite bland and lacking in flavor. Our server, although friendly, was generally slow and indifferent to our needs.

Visited July 2013
LAS CRUCES
“Their mild curry was too spicy for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Seeing as we had recently experienced excellent curry at a reasonable price in San Diego, we decided to try curry locally. It was not as good, was more expensive ($9.99 vs. $7.95), and the mild was way too spicy. I asked the server whether it was really mild and she said it was. She offered us more rice, but we didn't need more rice. She said next time we could order it without spice. To eat it, I had to drink water right away. There were not too many people eating on a Sat. evening at 5:45 pm, but they seem to have a good take-out business. The restroom is unisex, but very clean. The tables are covered with dark red tablecloths, but they use paper napkins. The seating is on two levels -- one on the level you enter and one a couple of steps down. They seem to be moving their parking to the side of the restaurant, but this time, in order to park heading in towards the restaurant, we had to navigate over a bump.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Fe, NM
“Good Inexpensive Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Went there based on Tripadvisor reviews and because it was right around the corner from where we were staying. We were not disappointed. Food was very good and so was the service. There is no alcohol which makes for a very affordable lunch or dinner.

• Visited May 2013
“want fresh - get fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

the veggies they use are always fresh. I like the cashew chicken. Dessert is a MUST with the mango sticky rice yum yum

Visited March 2013