“The Ideal Cafe”

Ranked #9 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Cafe de Mesilla offers locals and tourists from throughout the world the finest locally roasted coffee and espresso, delicious French pastries, as well as full breakfast and lunch menus in a very relaxing and artful environment. Come by and experience authentic European style espresso or amazing piping hot coffees and specialty teas from all around the world in our friendly free Wi-Fi connected cafe. We are a two minute walk from the Plaza and have ample parking and a pet friendly patio. We offer a wide selection of hand painted Polish Pottery as well.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We have been searching for a place like this for a long time since moving to Las Cruces. It was very inviting and exceptionally beautifully decorated. It was very comfortable and -especially important to me - spotlessly clean. Wonderful hospitality, variety of menu items and a huge selection of coffees. Comfortable, beautiful, relaxing with great food. We loved it and will head back soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My wife and I stopped by Cafe de Mesilla earlier today for lunch. Joyce, the owner, was very friendly and inviting--encouraging all of her guests to enjoy this charming and beautifully decorated little restaurant. Remarkably, all of us who were present seemed to feel quite at ease and began to speak freely to on another. The guacamole burger had a delicious beef patty that was cooked to order just the way I like it (medium rare). The guacamole topping had just the right amount of spice and flavor. The side dishes we ordered, potato salad and cole slaw, were also delicious. My wife and I had a great time and plan to return.

1  Thank Frank N
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family came to the area for vacation and stopped by this cafe. I'm not easily impressed by the selection a cafe has to offer but I was here. It took us 10 minutes to figure out what to order because it all looked good. Not too expensive. The dessert selection was great along with a decent latte.

1  Thank Lori N
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently went to Cafe de Mesilla and really enjoyed it! The food is good and there is good pastries/deserts. I had a really great chicken salad that I definitely recommend. Also, the owner and employees are super nice and the over-all restaurant is very clean and cute!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

My favorite cafe in Mesilla has moved a few blocks from the old Plaza to 2190 Avenida de Mesilla on old highway 28. Love the lattes! Love the secret recipe tuna salad and the tomato basil soup for lunch...new on the expanded menu are lovely salads and hot breakfasts in addition to French pastries. Yum yum!