“Total satisfaction from Montreal visitors”

Emilia's On the Plaza
Ranked #15 of 15 Restaurants in Mesilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We visited Mesilla, NM in march 2014 and had a wonderfull mexican lunch that was proposed by the owner, yummy.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I like to take people to lunch here because Emilia's outdoor seating looks on the Mesilla Plaza; a delightful location for a reasonable price. We recently ordered the red enchilada plate (less than ten bucks). The chef has done something with red chile sauce that is simply wonderful - subtle and complex flavors (I think I detected oregano). But a caution: once you've had this amazing red chile you'll be spoiled. Comparing Emilia's red enchiladas to other Mexican restaurant fare is like comparing a vintage Bordeaux to a cheap jug wine.

1  Thank hoboatlarge
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This cafe serves reasonably priced Mexican and American dishes -- burritos, sandwiches, hamburgers, etc. We got the ham and avocado sandwich on wheat bread for $6.95. It comes with your choice of fries, chips, salad, or fruit. We opted for the salad, which was a nice size and had leaf lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and cheese. It was served in a bowl filled to the top, so one had to be careful putting the dressing on (which we ordered on the side). We ate outside on the patio, which has a number of fans and a screen covering. The service was fast, despite the cafe being busy. We didn't go inside. One needs to park on the street, but if you don't mind walking a couple of blocks, it's not that hard to find a parking spot. We had gone to the former cafe located in this same building, and this one is definitely much better.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My reviews have always been very good this is my first terrible one and if there was a lower score I would give it a "degrading". The restaurant seem busy but not over crowded. My family and I were seated within 5 min. Took our drinks and order withing 5 min. or so. The was the extend of the good service. The appetizer chips and chile con queso was not good but not complained after all is just the appetizer. After 45 min. of placing our order and seeing people being served who had ordered 10 min and 15 min. after we ordered. I ask the waiter and he said is coming out. Ten minutes had passed and he responded im just a server here. I ask the hostess and she "ok". Nobody came to our table and offer any explanation. After over an hour of waiting with my children I ask to speak to who ever was in charge. The pointed to the cook lady thru the order window. They did not care one bit and told me they are working on it that I could have half off. I said ok and ask to see the plates they working on and they had nothing. She told me to wait or just leave if I did not like it; about 5 people in the kitchen starting hollowering Uhuuu, come on give us a break, sit down and we have a little grill and more remarks that I just dont remember; it sounded more like a 1 am lowest class bar then restaurant at a tourist location. The worst ever and degrading restaurant experience by far. I went to the cashier and ask for the bill. The lady felt so ashamed she said I did not have to pay she would take care of it. I told her I have to; I consummed some of your product I need to pay you; it is called respect. I went to my table and left the building with my family.

1  Thank julio c
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had lunch here today and really enjoyed the food and the service was fast and friendly. Cuban sandwich was delicious and the veggie enchiladas were surprisingly yummy. Will be back;)