“What a find!”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2013

We spent the night in Las Cruces and wanted to find an authentic local place for breakfast rather than the hotel restaurant. We checked Trip Advisor and saw all the positive reviews. Everythingg was excellent - the food, the service, the ambience of a historical buildiing. We eat a lot of Mexican food and the Huevos Rancheros were the best. Even the chips and salsa were perfect!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed 9 February 2013

Ambience was fun and lively, groups of friends, families all enjoying their food.

We started with the Classico margaritas, and you can not go wrong - excellent taste presented nicely! We did try the Cranberry frozen margarita, quite nice.

We tried both the chicken and steak fajitas - they were excellent - we decided that next time we would order only one order, maybe a combo - a lot of food so we left 1/2 on our plates. The flour tortillas were hot and fresh.

For dessert, we shared the homemade flan - an excellent choice - creamy and delicious.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

This historic restaurant has indoor decor that you have to see to believe, and the Mexican food is very good (though not quite in the class of Andele, another restaurant in the area at which I ate). Do be sure to go here if you're really hungry--I'm usually a member of the clean plate club, particularly after a huge hike such as I took this day in the Organ Mountains, but after I ordered the Banquette and tried to eat all the food they brought me, I just couldn't, and ended up taking a large containerful back to my room for breakfast.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have been eating here for over 40 years. It was my mothers favorite place to eat. It also makes for a great Sunday ride from El Paso if you take the backroad up through Stahlman Farm.
The atmosphere is awesome and the service is always good. Get seated in the Garden Room if possible. The food is very good and consistent. I can't get past the Tostadas Compuestas, that is what I order most of the time as it is not a dish that you find at many other places here in the southwest. All the dishes are very good actually. If you like margaritas try the ChiliRita it is great.

1  Thank jarbra15
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I drove all the way from El Paso to give this restaurant a try and it was worth the trip. Very colorful and distinct atmosphere. Entry to the restaurant has a small gift shop and an aviary with parrots. The service was great and the waist staff were friendly and helpful. Food was amazing! You can order a Mexican coke which tastes like a throwback in the states.