“Loved it!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great food and atmosphere! Beautiful setting and fine dining make for a great combination. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank C H

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Our first meal at LTCI was very good. The lamb chops marsala were tender and cooked perfectly medium; the mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables nicely complimented the lamb. My husband had the seared pork cutlets which were tender but quite salty. I believe they were brined, but not rinsed before cooking. The sauteed apples and onions served with the pork, as well as the mashed potatoes and vegetables were also good. They have a very nice wine selection, which includes some local and organic wines. The organic Bontera Merlot was very good.

Our second visit was a little uneven. We had friends visiting us in Silver City from CT and took the drive through Pinos Altos and then on to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. We decided to try their house brewed beer . We were told there was a blonde, red or brown ale. Three of us chose the brown ale, which was pretty good. My husband chose the red which was full of yeast particles. The bartender told us it was an unfiltered beer (which we have had in other breweries), but this was downright chewy. My husband asked to try the blonde instead, but this was even worse - very sour. So he opted for the brown ale as well. We all ordered green chili cheeseburgers served with homemade french fries, both of which were excellent. Halfway through our meal we were brought a 3/4 full glass of brown ale (no charge), but told it was the last of it. I'm not sure if they also had bottled beer, but the other drafts (red and blonde) were really undrinkable.

In years past we had also frequented Grey Feathers. The current owners have done a beautiful job renovating the dining room. The walls, fixtures, lighting and stained glass really improved the ambiance. The views out the front of the dining room are nice and I am sure even nicer once the hummingbirds return. The views out the back into the courtyard could use some work. Perhaps it was the time of year (mid-March), but it looked very unkept. Mop buckets and boxes strewn outside the back kitchen door did not enhance the view.

We wish the new owners the best, as we know first hand how hard the restaurant/hospitality business can be especially in such a remote location. We will be back to try another meal and perhaps try one of their spirits from their distillery.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

A friend and I ate at Little Toad Creek restaurant on Friday and it was superb! The food,
atmosphere and service were excellent. Traveling extensively, we have the opportunity
to enjoy some fine dining and we thought that this was VERY fine dining and one of
the best we have experienced.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Our Little Toad dining experience began with an incredibly beautiful drive from Silver City, the long way through the Mimbres Valley to Lake Roberts. The high elevation New Mexico scenery -tall pines, unusual rock formations, small farms with grazing sheep and cattle- and ultimate destination were well worth the time it took to get there, a little over an hour. We had read about this restaurant with a microbrewery and distillery from it’s early days last year and were both curious and excited to give it a try. The micro brews are excellent, and we were brought complimentary samples of them all: blonde, red, brown, and IPA. Before sampling, I was sure that I wanted the blonde, but quickly changed my mind to the toffee scented red and never looked back. Some hot summer day, I’ll try the refreshing, slightly citrusy blonde. Going back to give their spirits a try will be fun also since they distill both rum and vodka and make some luscious sounding mixed drinks with them. Neither my husband nor I are big drinkers, so we will just have to force ourselves to go back again and again to try them all. Someone has to do it! Dinner itself was wonderful. We started our meal with the house salad of baby spinach, tiny plum tomatoes and a subtly herbed vinagrette, all topped with a fine dusting of candied pecans and feta We each had the tilapia with hazel nut crust and orange glaze, also subtly done. The crust was crisp and the fish moist and tender. This was served with rich mashed potatoes...red with skins on...and lightly sauteed red bell pepper and zucchini strips. Prices are moderate. Service was efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. We were so thoroughly satisfied by the meal that dessert didn't appeal to any of us, but, on the way in, we had met a guy coming out who said,"Save room for dessert. The chocolate creme brulee is to die for." If only we had listened! The Little Toad Creek Inn is now on our list of places to go more often and to take company to for one of those New Mexico experiences that leaves them knowing why our state is called The Land of Enchantment.

2  Thank Chaigirl100
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stumbled upon Little Toad Creek when we we're doing the Great Dviide mountain bike route in September this year & we we're happy we did.

Dave & Kai we're so lovely & friendly & accommodating. We had the best Burgers of our whole trip here & we ate a lot of burgers in the US!!!! (We were cycling through for 2 months)

The deserts are also AMAZING!!!! I would go out of my way to spend another night at the Little Toad Creek with these great guys.