“Memorable Memorial Day brunch”

Little Toad Creek Inn & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Mimbres
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have heard good things about this place and was happy to finally try it out. We attended a Memorial Day brunch buffet that was excellent. In the chafing dishes were country style potatoes; egg/asperagus casserole; bicuits and green chili gravy; bacon and steak fingers and I may have missed something... The eggs and steak fingers were my favorite; kinda' a tempura batter for the steak was something new and delicious. The dessert table had all kinds of stuff, my favorite being a blueberry and cream/custard tort thing. The baked brie with apricots and almond slivers were good too. Perhaps the most significant thing that I was unaware of is the fact that they distill their own vodka and rum so I had a vodka bloody mary with a house-distilled vodka that was the best I can remember having (and I love me a good bloody mary). Their vodka, we were told, was infused with a green chili flavor that just went perfect with a spicy bloody mary. Yum!!! The atomosphere is tasteful rustica and the weather was absolutely perfect for our outdoor dining experience in the mountains. There weren't many people there at 11am and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there working on a holiday but the server was adequately attentive. I can't wait to go back for dinner...

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The title says it all. If you're near Silver City or Gila, I demand that you eat here. Very, very impressed with their restaurant considering how remote this place is. Let's break it down, shall we?

We ate out on the deck on a mild evening, great views and feel from out here. We got some drinks and they make all their own liquors. I got the Oatmeal Stout & the unfiltered IPA, both were well done by the brewmaster. My wife got the strawberry daiquiri which was refreshing.

Now to the food. Whoa. My wife chose the portobello and I got the apricot pork cutlets, both dishes came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Some of the best food we've had in recent memory. High compliments to the chef, this guy (or gal) knows what they're doing.

We got desserts because the entrees were so good. The wife chose a brownie sundae dish which was rich and good. I got the cheesecake which was fairly non-traditional cheese composition but also well done. You really have to eat here...before I forget, I thought it was cool that the servers teamed up and you received your service from whichever one was more available at the time. I liked that a lot.

Lastly, we did stay at the Inn which wasn't as impressive..I didn't want to bring this review down so will do that one separately. Don't let anything deter you from eating this fantastic food!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just got home from another fabulous meal at LTC. This one was the Mothers Day brunch. Best EVER! We always enjoy the food, service, and now the home made beer. A beautiful scenic drive and a casual outdoorsy atmosphere there. You can often see deer, javelina and a variety of hummingbirds while enjoying a wonderful meal. Food is always excellent, service even better. I could go on and on, but it's better explained if you just go. Enjoy!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

While waiting for our dinner partners to arrive we had drinks in the bar since they are now distilling vodka and rum in addition to their brewed beers. My vodka tonic had no flavor of vodka, just tonic and the lime squeeze I added-even though exhausted, I got no buzz. Same with my wife's mojoito-lots of mint flavor but none of their rum. This was on Saturday night, May 4. It was the Tour of the Gila weekend so we assumed the place would be busy and it was. However, instead of adding restaurant staff, the owner had just 1 server, no bus person and instead of helping, he was sitting in the bar downstairs. The other couple arrived so we headed upstairs to the restaurant and patiently waited to give them our friend's drink order and our appetizer order. To save time, we ordered dinner when appetizers arrived. My pasta order ($16) included no salad or bread and was supposed to be apricot chipotle chicken on fettucine but there was no heat just sweet but not apricot flavor; the hamburger was dry on my friend's order; the two 6 oz. steaks ($19 each) arrived without the advertised mushroom and one without french fries she ordered so we asked the server to fix these problems. The owner then actually stopped at our table to ask if we needed anything else and when we responded some mushrooms and french fries would be good he quite prickishly answered they were on the way. We have tried to support this out of the way place but they really could care less so we won't be returning nor will our friends that live in the valley and like fine dining. When pricing like a real restaurant you should act like one. What an idiot this owner is-do not bother-spend your money where it is appreciated.

1  Thank Steve60831
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Great food and atmosphere! Beautiful setting and fine dining make for a great combination. We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank C H