“Not open as advertised”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and I drove 45 minutes to have a hamburger at the Little Toad only to find that it was lock up and no one around. It was 7:15pm. We were told that the bar would always be open on Mondays and they would serve a limited menu until 8:00pm. Gas is expensive these days and we wouldn't have minded the cost of the trip in $$ and time if our expectations had been met. It is a shame that the owners do not put the customer before themselves. We will not be going back there. The only thing I can say is if your going to go there it probably would be in your best interest to call first. It is really irritating to drive all that way and not get the promised service.

1  Thank Jean L
There are newer reviews for Little Toad Creek Inn & Tavern

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Service was exceptionally slow, poor quality food and limited menu items. Quite poor for a $160 dinner for 4! Bad service, little quantity and the quality was worse. The waitress just didn't want us to be there. " I'm alone tonight". So what, there was only 1 other table of 7.

1  Thank ajesser
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have heard good things about this place and was happy to finally try it out. We attended a Memorial Day brunch buffet that was excellent. In the chafing dishes were country style potatoes; egg/asperagus casserole; bicuits and green chili gravy; bacon and steak fingers and I may have missed something... The eggs and steak fingers were my favorite; kinda' a tempura batter for the steak was something new and delicious. The dessert table had all kinds of stuff, my favorite being a blueberry and cream/custard tort thing. The baked brie with apricots and almond slivers were good too. Perhaps the most significant thing that I was unaware of is the fact that they distill their own vodka and rum so I had a vodka bloody mary with a house-distilled vodka that was the best I can remember having (and I love me a good bloody mary). Their vodka, we were told, was infused with a green chili flavor that just went perfect with a spicy bloody mary. Yum!!! The atomosphere is tasteful rustica and the weather was absolutely perfect for our outdoor dining experience in the mountains. There weren't many people there at 11am and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there working on a holiday but the server was adequately attentive. I can't wait to go back for dinner...

Reviewed 27 May 2013

The title says it all. If you're near Silver City or Gila, I demand that you eat here. Very, very impressed with their restaurant considering how remote this place is. Let's break it down, shall we?

We ate out on the deck on a mild evening, great views and feel from out here. We got some drinks and they make all their own liquors. I got the Oatmeal Stout & the unfiltered IPA, both were well done by the brewmaster. My wife got the strawberry daiquiri which was refreshing.

Now to the food. Whoa. My wife chose the portobello and I got the apricot pork cutlets, both dishes came with mashed potatoes and asparagus. Some of the best food we've had in recent memory. High compliments to the chef, this guy (or gal) knows what they're doing.

We got desserts because the entrees were so good. The wife chose a brownie sundae dish which was rich and good. I got the cheesecake which was fairly non-traditional cheese composition but also well done. You really have to eat here...before I forget, I thought it was cool that the servers teamed up and you received your service from whichever one was more available at the time. I liked that a lot.

Lastly, we did stay at the Inn which wasn't as impressive..I didn't want to bring this review down so will do that one separately. Don't let anything deter you from eating this fantastic food!

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Just got home from another fabulous meal at LTC. This one was the Mothers Day brunch. Best EVER! We always enjoy the food, service, and now the home made beer. A beautiful scenic drive and a casual outdoorsy atmosphere there. You can often see deer, javelina and a variety of hummingbirds while enjoying a wonderful meal. Food is always excellent, service even better. I could go on and on, but it's better explained if you just go. Enjoy!