“The Best of the Best”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Moriarty
Fairland, Oklahoma
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I called a week prior to my trip to make a reservation but was unsure of my arrival time. The lady that took my call was very friendly and helpful. When I arrived earlier than I expected, she had a room waiting for me. I stayed in room number 2 and it was so comfortable. It was a roomy room with a queen sized bed, a television, a fridge, a coffee maker and very clean bathroom. I felt comfortable being there alone. The owners were very polite and pleasant and I would recommend this place if you are looking for a comfortable and clean place to get some sleep. I left at 6 AM the next morning so I missed the great chili that was planned for by the owner. I will definitely stay there again.

There are a lot of places to eat down the road a ways but pass Blakes LotABurger on by. I stopped there to grab a quick bite. I should have gone to Lisa's Truck Stop Café.....

Thank you Sunset Motel for taking such good care of me!

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #2 and it was very clean and comfortable and close to the office. Oh and I forgot...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ninee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
East Saint Louis, Illinois
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a nice little American owned mom and pop motel. The price was very reasonable, the room was clean and very spacious. It had a 1970s look about it, but the furniture was in nice shape. The continental breakfast was very basic with cereal, milk, coffee, juice, and store bought muffins, but for the price we paid that was okay. I would definitely come back and it's good to support our America owned hotels/ motels.

Room Tip: The hotel appears isolated but there are restaurants if you make a right and just drive down the str...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank HeatherF592
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After a long drive from Austin I was having starter problems on my XTerra, so instead of camping and risking getting stuck, I found this gem via an internet recommendation and I couldn't have been more pleased. It is located on old the old Route 66 and was told by the woman, that owns the motel with her husband, that it was started by her husband's father. With a price of only $58.47 with tax included, one would have to be suspect of the quality of course, but I couldn't have been more pleased with the room. Everything was in order, a fresh, clean king size bed in a spacious room with a large dresser, a chair, an adequate closet, a spotless bathroom, with plenty of fresh towels, including a high pressure shower head and extremely hot water, a working cold window air-conditioner, a nice size flat screen TV with full cable access, the fastest Wifi I've ever used anyplace, a coffee maker, a hair dryer, all in a quiet, safe environment, located on the first exit going west off I 40. Their was also a continental breakfast available the next morning, with tasty coffee, small blueberry muffins, bananas and juice. I stopped here on the way back from California two weeks later and she gave me a AAA discount so my bill was even less at 55.09 tax included.

There are a couple of semi-feral cats hanging around near the office they are kindly taking care of and they also have a pet cat in the office and pets are allowed as guests with no extra charge and my dog Beau could not have been more pleased with the large grounds and landscaping in the middle of the parking lot for his doggy business. There also was a small area outdoors to relax with a gas grill. I didn't ask but more than likely the grill was available for guests use.

Also Moriarty had all the businesses a traveler would need, but I never did see a grocery store, but I'm sure one was somewhere off the main highway I suppose. Don't bother stopping in Albuquerque with all their traffic and noise but I'd highly recommend a staying here instead as a respite for your journey through New Mexico.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2, so as for this one if you are a couple or a solo traveler.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ChrisGreyson
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2014

For the price I was expecting a creepy motel. We just stopped in without researching places. It was very clean. The couple that owned the place was nice. Bathroom was clean, bed was comfy, actually good tv (not just crappy 4 channel cable).

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stopped here around 1am, driving from Phoenix to the East coast based on good reviews from Trip Advisor. All we needed was a place to sleep. We called about 8pm and gave our card info over the phone. Got the room number and then used a lock box on our room door to get the door key as the lobby was closed that late. Be aware you need to make arrangements for a late check in, but it was easy.
The room was comfortable, clean, and we felt safe. We were two women traveling alone.
We found the beds comfortable.
It's an older property, an old style highway side motel, so don't expect a new building or anything fancy. It's not upscale in the slightest, not even a little bit. However, we found it exactly what we needed, a safe and easy place to stay.
They had a nice small breakfast in the lobby in the morning, of a muffin, coffee and banana. There are local places to eat if you wish a full breakfast.
It's an old courtyard style parking lot in the center of the outer rim of rooms, so you park directly in front of your room. All ground floor and easy access if one has mobility issues.
I don't remember a whole lot about it as we were so extremely tired, but I do remember we slept like rocks, the view was wonderful and we found it clean and comfortable.
The front office staff were courteous, helpful and friendly. It seemed to have high occupancy so one can only assume others have found this place good, as well.
I recommend this place.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Annette K
Keighley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We found this motel from the book EZ 66 Guide for Travellers by Jerry McClananhan and so glad we did. The owner is warm and genuine and so knowledgeable about the local area. The rooms were well kept and clean. The beds were a bit uncomfortable but ok for one night. But what a great price for what we got. Please keep these places in business!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed during a cross country move. Lots of room in the parking lot made getting in and out very easy and we were put in the room on the end so we could park our vehicles near our room. The woman at the desk was wonderfully friendly and helpful. Our room was mostly clean. We found the beds slightly uncomfortable but after driving all day, it's possible it was just us. We did notice there was no screen on the front window and it was not possible to open the window anyway. The blinds did not slide or turn and there were holes in the screen on the bathroom window. It looked like someone caulked over mold in the bathtub but the rest of the room seemed clean. We found it a bit pricey for what amenities were there, but since we like to support mom and pop hotels when we can, that's a minor issue. I'd probably stay again if we found ourselves out west again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family