“Highlight of our trip to New Mexico”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ojo Caliente
Reviewed 7 March 2014

There is nothing not to enjoy about Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa. It is top notch. We stayed two nights and it was a package. Loved the yoga in the morning and the private pool at the end of the day. Spa services are excellent.

1  Thank Sally L
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear guest:

You're too kind! We're delighted that you enjoyed every minute of your visit, and we'd love to welcome you back for more R & R again soon. After all, there's nothing more rejuvenating than yoga and a little quiet time in the pool!

There are newer reviews for Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

this is one incredibly special place. it is well run and beautiful. the hotsprings are truly wonderful- 4 minerals in the water make this a rare geological occurance. the environment is quiet and conducive to healing and deep relaxation. amazing hiking and excellent food. the architectural emphasis tactfully follows the line of nature, so all you see is sweeping cliffs, the sky, and adobe. one of my very fav places in the world. a nm must experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank hawaiiz
Ojowaters, Guest Services Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest:
We couldn't have asked for kinder words! From the beautiful natural springs to our relaxing rooms and compliments to our chef, we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for sharing that, and let us know if we can do anything to make your next visit even better!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My husband and I have started a new tradition. Last December, we went to Ojo Caliente on New Year's eve and stayed overnight at a great B&B (dog friendly) in Chimayo. It was a beautiful sunny and warm day. We soaked in thermal waters for a few hours and took dips in the swimming pool with cool 83 degree water. I had the Milagro Wrap that I love and then we got dressed for dinner. Enjoyed a wonderful Argentinian meal at "El Paraguas" (The Umbrella) in Espanola. It was a relaxing, quiet and healing way to greet the New Year.

Room Tip: The room on the south side is dog friendly,if you have a small dog. You can save by taking your own...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of your visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We are delighted to learn that you chose to include Ojo as part of your New Year’s celebration and and that you were able to retreat, relax and rejuvenate with a soak and one of our Signature Milagro Wraps – a dry blanket wrap that’s an Ojo original.

We look forward to hosting you and your husband in the future!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

As I am a regular hot spring savant I have had the most terrible experiences at Ojo. My family and I arrived thirty minutes before their " advertised" sunset hours. After driving 100 miles we expected to be able to enjoy the pools my parents two children and husband were charged $150. We were then told after only ten minutes of soaking we had to leave without a refund. They took me and my family to one of their private pools. The water was extremely chlorinated and murky. This experience was by far the worst ever!!! We had been able to over look the several other bad experiences at Ojo Caliente like having our wine stolen from our hotel during one of our frequent visits. The boarded up shower the blobs of hair built up in the drain were the perfect finish to the rudest hospitality by Trisha that anyone could ever experience. I would not recommend this resort to anyone Pagosa Springs surpasses in all areas they are family friendly you don't have to pay for a dry robe and towel they are always available at no charge and their room are exquisite. Only two hours from Ojo Caliente where they won't take your hard earned money and treat you like crap!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank AntoniaAmber

Dear Guest:

We regret to hear about your recent experience at Ojo and that you and your family did not feel welcome during your visit. We truly value all of our guests and make every effort to create positive experiences for everyone who visits these sacred hot springs.

For families, we hope you understand that we strive to balance the needs of guests who come for a tranquil experience with those of our guests with younger children. We apologize if you were not fully informed of our Children's Policy. As stated on our website, the entire Springs and Spa areas are a Whisper Zone. We welcome well-behaved children of any age with parental supervision to Ojo with the following guidelines:

- Children 12 years old and under are welcome with parental supervision from 10 am and 6 pm in the Large Pool only, and anytime in Private Pools for an additional cost. In order to protect the tranquil nature of the soaking experience, we permit children 13 and older to soak in all other pools. We make every effort to monitor families in the pools to ensure the integrity of the Ojo experience for all of our guests. Private pools are a great option for guests traveling with young children and are sometimes suggested to families as an option to soak by our front desk staff.
- Babies and toddlers who are not potty trained are allowed in the Large Pool or Private Pools if they are wearing swim diapers.
- Please note that all children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an observer 18 years or older.
- Children under age 2 enter free with a parent or guardian.

As a point of reference, the Large Pool is the only pool we add a small amount of chlorine to because we do allow babies and toddlers who are not potty trained in this pool if they are wearing swimming diapers. All other pools are carefully filtered with ultraviolet light and ozone for sterilization without chlorine.

Please know that we cleanliness of the pools and the bathhouses are amongst our highest priorities. Thanks to your feedback, we have alerted our housekeeping, maintenance and spa staff to increase their attendance to these areas, specifically during times we experience high visitation.

Currently, we do have a shower that is in need of repair and are diligently working to fix it. We make every effort to address enhancement and improvement projects during less busy times so as to limit the impact on the Ojo guest experience.

We sincerely apologize that your visit did not meet your expectations for you and your family. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and provide you with the genuinely gracious and accommodating hospitality that you deserve. Would you please call me on my direct line so I can apologize and invite you back for a future visit.

I can be reached at 505.583.3221.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I only spent a couple days here but could have easily stayed a week or more. It was very clean everywhere, the room, the grounds, the pools. The staff were all helpful and friendly. I had a wrap in the spa and was very comfortable. I didn't try the restaurant because I was on a budget. I brought food with me and was able to fix meals and eat in my room. The kitchenette provided everything I needed. Loved the in-room fireplace and the staff always made sure there was wood to burn. The pools were wonderful, not crowded. People were quiet and respectful but also friendly. A great way to relax and get away from it all!!

2  Thank Michelle R
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest:

We would have loved to host you for a week or more, but we're thrilled that we were able to make you feel at home while you were here! Thank you for making us a part of your getaway, and for the fabulous review. We can't wait to welcome you back for more rest and relaxation!

Reviewed 15 February 2014

What should have been a tranquil, beautiful and spiritual oasis turned out to be confusing, average and very expensive.
I don't know where to begin with this review, kind of like the feeling I got when we arrived at Ojo Caliente. A 5 minute orientation would have gone a long way.
The place reminded me of an old water amusement park. The spa was cold and basic. Seriously, what kind of spa doesn't provide flip flops? No orientation, they hand you a key to a locker and push you through the door. No combs, no brushes, no razors, nothing. You have beg if you need an extra towel if your towel happens to get wet. There is NOTHING luxurious about this spa. The services were good, I have to give them that. Although by the time my masseuse set up the room and told me her life story we were a half an hour late into the service and my 1.5 hour service turned out to be a rushed 50 minute service.
The signature wrap. he he he. It was a $12 add on service. We were instructed to soak in the hot arsenic pool to bring our body temperature up and then run over to the bath house (more like a locker room) for the service. We had to wait for the room to be ready. They opened a door to a room with 15 or 16 tables and instructed us to disrobe, pick a table and lie down. I watched them start covering the people in my party with a sheet from the table they were on and then covering them up with and army blanket and a towel for their eyes. I was the last in our party to be wrapped, so by the time the attendant got to me I was shivering and lips were blue. I thought, hey for $12 dollars they could have wrapped me in some sort of herbal infused sheet or at least warmed my blanket. NOPE!. Then more people piled into the 15 or 16 table room and the attendants wrapped them - 10 minutes later they shut the lights and closed the door. The next 20-30 minutes were pure torture, I was cold, itchy (I was wrapped so I couldn't move my arms to scratch without unwrapping) and people I didn't even know were snoring all around me. OMG!!!
The suite we were in was adequate, although the kiva fireplace was a nice touch and the dry wood was stacked out side our back door. The bathroom (which was also the kitchen????????) was very standard. Shampoo dispenser on the shower wall....
The highlight? The bartender. Great guy. We had fun waiting at the bar for our dinner reservation (very average food - but I guess your not there for the food).
Needless to say, we didn't really leave this place feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

5  Thank Deb W
Ojowaters, Guest Relations Manager at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We regret to hear that you did not fully enjoy your experience here.

As a point of reference, Ojo was built in 1868, and is one of the oldest natural health resorts in the United States, and the only hot springs in the world with four unique, sulfur-free healing mineral waters. It is our honor and privilege to protect these sacred waters for all who seek healing of mind, body and spirit here.

Ojo is historic and fresh with eclectic charm in a relaxed and tranquil environment. We do not present ourselves as being a luxurious, polished spa, but rather an enchanting health and wellness retreat for both day guests and overnight lodging guests alike. The word "spa" is actually an acronym for the Latin phrase "salus per aquas" which means "health through water." Because we celebrate these sacred waters, Ojo truly is a quintessential spa amongst spas.

The resort has undergone significant renovations and enhancements over the last 13 years, including the addition of a new women's spa locker room, renovated men's changing area, an expanded spa, new private outdoor pools, a new spa entrance building and gift shop, a new Kiva Pool for guests lodging in our suites, new suites and restored cottages, pus and a new wine bar and lounge. Our goal is to continue improving the Ojo experience while honoring its essence, charm and history. The cottages at Ojo have long been known to offer small kitchenettes as a convenience for lodging guests who stay for an extended period of time.

With the high volume of day guests we are challenged to offer additional amenities while maintaining our affordable rates. That said, we are researching flip flop/sandals for our lodging guests and for guests who purchase a spa treatment.

Our Signature Milagro Wrap is an Ojo original that is based on the Native American sweat practiced by the tribes who inhabited this area. Many of our visitors find this an enjoyable experience because it is linked to the indigenous culture that makes Ojo so unique. This is one example of why our mission to maintain the very special, ancient nature of the springs' environment is integral to our foundation of the modern-day spa experience.

We apologize you did not find our resort relaxing and rejuvenating. It appears you may have been searching for a more modern experience found in more refined environments. We realize that Ojo is not for everyone. We appreciate the opportunity to have shown you some of our Northern New Mexico hospitality. We thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your observations. Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with our management team.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I continue to return here. Iron pools are blood cleansers, immunity boosters and give energy to body. The soda pool good for arthritis relief. The lithium pool has been under repair for 3 years though. The swimming pool is large enough to stretch out and swim. I have stayed in the cottages which are roomy and provide a small kitchenette. This time I received a special price and stayed in one of the rooms at the historic hotel. Walls are paper thin and there are no tubs/ showers however the bath house provides a way to shower. The food is wonderful. It's fresh and delectable. Sometimes I partake in yoga in the yurt. Yesterday I took the river walk which is an easy half hour walk. Today I will try the mica mine path. The gift shop has lotions, clothes, books and sundries.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank momentobello

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your loyal patronage and your kind review. We sincerely value every guest that comes to Ojo in search of healing from these sacred waters.

You'll be happy to know that we will be converting the old Mud Pool into a Lithia Pool some time later this year. Unfortunately the Lithia Pump is beyond repair and we will not be able to restore it back to service.

As you may know, the Historic Hotel that you stayed in was built in 1916 and has the charm and character of an older building including many original architectural features. That being said, it is our goal for all of our guests to have a restful, enjoyable visit. The hotel rooms are our entry level of our many lodging types; they do not have the same amenities as our newer units and that some of our guests are looking for. When the resort was opened in 1868, all bathing was done in the bathhouses, and therefore all of our Historic Hotel rooms feature the original ½ baths. Guests in the hotel are invited to shower in the main bathhouse in the Springs’ area.

For your next visit you may decide to stay in one of our newer suites that include showers or tub/shower combos, microwaves, mini-refrigerators, in-room coffee and tea, and satellite TV. Additionally, guests lodging in our suites have access to our beautiful new Kiva Pool with extended soaking hours. Our Pueblo and Cliffside Suites offer Kiva fireplaces, and the Cliffside Suites feature private outdoor soaking tubs.

We're thrilled to know that you also enjoy exploring Ojo's 1100 acres as well as the adjoining thousands of acres of national forest and public land. We agree that the Mica Mine is a special discovery not to be missed.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our legendary oasis very soon.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ojo Caliente
Abiquiu Inn
Abiquiu Inn
#1 of 3 in Abiquiu
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
Ohkay Casino Resort Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ohkay Owingeh (San Juan Pueblo)
Inn at the Delta
Inn at the Delta
#1 of 2 in Espanola
Casa Escondida Bed & Breakfast
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
Adobe and Pines Inn B&B
#1 of 2 in Ranchos De Taos

Been to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!