We love Ojo Caliente spa and Artesian restaurant, but over the Christmas holidays lodging there starts at $140 per night.
Taos Trail Inn offered beautiful rooms (we stayed in Chama) for $85. In addition to the amenities (hot chocolate, refrigerator, fine furnishing, DVDs in the room) we could park close to the room, the staff was friendly, walkway lights turn on at night, and it's charming.
Taos Trail Inn is now our first choice for lodging when we visit Ojo. Check out my uploaded pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Remodeled!!! New Owners!!! Affordable lodging in Ojo Caliente, NM, the Taos Trail Inn offers a friendly staff, comfortable beds, rooms with a real feel of Northern New Mexico and a restaurant and brewery on site.Located within a 1/3 of a mile to the mineral springs and walking distance to no less than 4 restaurants and shops.Agree with old reviews the place really needed the total renovation it has now. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Taos Trail Inn And Lomita Lodge
- Taos Trail Inn & Lomita Hotel Ojo Caliente
- Lomita Hotel Ojo Caliente
- Lomita Motel Ojo Caliente
- Taos Trail Inn Ojo Caliente, New Mexico