“Lovely room and amenities. Great value.”
Review of Taos Trail Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ojo Caliente
Taos Trail Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ojo Caliente
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We love Ojo Caliente spa and Artesian restaurant, but over the Christmas holidays lodging there starts at $140 per night.

Taos Trail Inn offered beautiful rooms (we stayed in Chama) for $85. In addition to the amenities (hot chocolate, refrigerator, fine furnishing, DVDs in the room) we could park close to the room, the staff was friendly, walkway lights turn on at night, and it's charming.

Taos Trail Inn is now our first choice for lodging when we visit Ojo. Check out my uploaded pictures.

Room Tip: Check up my uploaded pictures of the Chama room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vproksch

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stayed here! It was awesome! Reminiscent of those comfortable old adobe inns back in the good old days, this hotel is tastefully decorated and pleasantly appointed! Comfy beds, ample covers, (it was chilly November) and very pleasant and gracious hosts! Went to the Hot Springs who need to get over themselves ($$$$$) but love the steaming waters anyway. The Lomita is on the main drag in tiny little Ojo Caliente and a must stay for travelers going to, through and beyond to Taos, Santa Fe, Alberquerque and beyond along Highway 285! Plenty to do, visit the Ghost Ranch where Georgia O'Keefe spent years painting the New Mexico Landscape, hike the Copper Canyon, explore Santa Fe, Escalante, Espanola and Taos, raft in the Chama or the Rio Grande, horse back ride with Equine Escapes to secret ruins and visit the many museums, shops and culteral exhibits dotting the landscape! Thanks to my gracious hosts, I had nary a problem and enjoyed every minute of my 2 nites in this wonderful place!

Room Tip: Just go with it!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed 29 September 2011

As one who has traveled extensively all over the world, I would love to share with my fellow travelers my experiences with Lomita Motel, and the genuine care that was offered to my friend and I while we were guests.

We had toured the place, and decided that it was perfectly priced, and very convenient to the Ojo Caliente spa that we were planning to enjoy.

When we left the spa it was late, and were bone tired. The owners met us, were incredibly gracious to us, making us feel at home. We opened the door to not only a very clean room, but a cozy friendly atmosphere. Lovely decor, comfortable beds with fluffy down comforters,(yum), television, and a nice choice of movies!

We both slept like babies, and then enjoyed a large spacious bathroom, and fluffy towels. It was closer to a B&B experience...but bed only! :-)

I highly recommend the down home, clean, sweet comfort that this little motel offers. What a find!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2011

BEWARE!!! Don't stay at this place.... The bad news started when we arrived after hours of traveling via air and car, and no one was around to check us in. A gentlemen told us that the room was probably unlocked, and to just go in. So, we did. The room was seemingly clean and decent, but there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom. May seem unimportant, but definitely something that 3 females would need to know beforehand. There was a TV in the room, but it only played DVD's. Turns out that when we finally touched base with the owners the following day, they didn't even know that we had been there even though the room was booked weeks in advance. Then when one of us told the owners that we thought they oversold the place a bit over the phone, they FLIPPED OUT and kicked us out of the motel, even though we had reservations for 5 nights. We tried to reason with them and said we'd come back in an hour after we ate some lunch, but we were instructed to get our things and get out. This lady was one crazy hen who should NOT be in the HOSPITALITY business. They didn't seem to know what was going on, who was coming or going, Well, as we made our way around Ojo Caliente and talked to some of the locals, they said they had heard stories like this before, so beware!!! I honestly think the raving reviews on here were written by the owners!!! It was really a blessing in disguise that we got kicked out, we went across the street to the Ojo Inn, which is a bed and breakfast. Nice, quiet, awesome breakfast over there too! 1000% better than this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelly2272
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My girlfriend and I were lucky enough not to have booked any hotel and showed up at Ojo Caliente ready to go to the springs yet certain we didn't want to stay on premise. When we arrived we found Lomita Motel. I have never been here before , and found out the that is was recently purchased and updated. The owners were not around but would be back later in the evening and a room would be available for us. Off the gorge and then a scrumptious homemade mexican meal at the local cafe. Pam and David called us to assure us we had a room but would not be back until 9...so off to the Mineral Springs. Both my girlfriend and I were starving when we left there after closing.. Closing for the small yet charming town. Pam made a a plate of food gave us some wine and a video and off to our lovely room. The bed was great. The shower was hot, the room temperature was perfect. We ate on the deck and met some of the neighbors. Both of us felt blessed that the day and evening worked out so delightful. The hotel, room and price were perfect. Thank you Pam and Bob ...... Sending my daughter and boyfriend down next month for a repeat of my holiday.
FB Rothman
Longmont,CO

Both amy

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The Lomita Motel is under new management and the flare for decor with unique furnishings gave our room character. We had our own bath/shower; the beds are new and comfortable; nice linens, no shampoo/toiletries, (but I like my own brand!); really relaxing, comfortable for a one-nighter. Walking distance to the hot springs. Proprieters are interesting people!

Room Tip: Since these rooms are gradually being refuberished, ask for one that's recently done.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We stayed here on a weekend get away and specifically asked for a room where we could cook our own meals. The owner charged us for remodeled room but put us in a room that has not been improved since 1930 something. The gas stove singed the hair off one of our party and because the kitchen was not equipped with any utensils, dish soap, or even a sponge- we had to go hunt for them and eventually pulled what we needed out of a near by dumpster. We will never go back but it makes for a good story. Good luck if you pull in late at night and and are looking for a clean safe place to stay... the few remodeled rooms are actually kinda cute but we stayed in a cabin that slept more than 2 so if you are a more than 2 - keep driving!!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
silasbhd, Manager at Taos Trail Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

These people tried to sneak extra guests in without paying. When they were confronted, they became disgruntled. We have had hundreds of happy customers, and these people were just dishonest scammers.

Been to Taos Trail Inn? Share your experiences!