“Fun and Unique Day”

Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Just north of Santa Fe is Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs’ secluded sanctuary. Deemed sacred by Native Americans of Northern New Mexico, our legendary waters have been soothing body, mind and spirit naturally for centuries. Ojo is the only hot springs in the world with 4 unique, sulfer-free mineral waters. The resort is historic, yet modern and fresh with eclectic charm in a relaxed and tranquil environment. The full-service spa offers a wide array of restorative treatments including nurturing massage and hydrating face and body treatments. Don’t miss a soak in a private outdoor pool by fire at night or in the seasonal, detoxifying mud pool. We offer an unpretentious and uncomplicated atmosphere with a variety of lodging accommodations including enchanting suites, charming cottages, the historic hotel and private homes. All lodging includes access to all mineral pools every day of your visit. The Artesian Restaurant provides a casual dining experience and charming atmosphere. Our chef blends local flavors with global cuisine. Creative dishes include Green Chile Crusted Salmon, homemade pasta, and Ribeye. Lighter fare is available in the Wine Bar & Lounge. Yoga classes are offered 7 days a week. Ojo is nestled in a valley on 1,100 acres and is adjacent to thousands of acres of hiking and mountain biking trails. We suggest that you make reservations for spa treatments, private outdoor pools and dinner before you arrive.
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriends and I went to Ojo as a day trip from Santa Fe. It's about an hour away and they recommend that you arrive an hour early to soak in the pools before your treatment. We spent time in the iron and soda pools and then headed in for our treatments. One of my friends had the Rejuvenator treatment and loved it. My other friend had the salt scrub with the mini facial. She said the technician was very concerned with her comfort and overall she was pleased. She was kind of expecting a soft massage with the scrub but it was really just the scrub being applied. My other friend had the 80 minute youthful glow facial and was very disappointed. It was not like typical facials she has had; it was just a bunch of products layered on her face. No steam, no extractions, and very light massage of neck and arms. I had the moor mud treatment and my technician, Montserrat, did a great job! I loved it and felt like it was the perfect spa treatment to get. She did a dry brush rub which felt like a great scratch all over and then applied the mud and wrapped me with hot towels and a foil layer. The hot oil on my scalp and the massage fled great. Then you go to a private bathtub filled with arsenic water to soak and scrub off the mud. It was awesome!
The pools were fun and the day was unique. The locker room is nothing fancy or special, and the towels were kind of old and shabby. And you only get two of them, which is weird. But those were our biggest complaints about the facilities. I would recommend this as a fun day trip for sure!

1  Thank ChandlerMBC
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Huge thanks to you and your girlfriends for joining us for some summer R&R! While I'm glad to hear that it sounds like most of you were very pleased with the experience, I want to clear some things up about the Youthful Glow Face Therapy: It's unlike a traditional facial in that it's gentle. We use special rejuvenating products to gently slough away skin to reduce pores, fine lines, wrinkles and slackening of the skin. Please let her know we're sorry if there was a misunderstanding about that! Thanks so much for recommending us to others, Chandler! Hopefully we'll get to welcome you back again in the future.

All the best,
Eric Martinez, Customer Service

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Was on vacation in the area and went to the spa on Monday and Thursday. Monday was a bit more crowded than Thursday, though the pools still had plenty of space. Cost is $18 per person for all public pools and includes a towel. Showers and lockers are free and locks are for sale or you can bring your own. Shower gel, shampoo and condition are in each shower but remember to take a washcloth. There is a portable spinner to ring out the wet bathing suit somewhat. Plenty of lounging chairs available but you may not get one in the shade. Hammocks also available and they are shaded. This is a quiet zone so please respect that and keep your talking to a whisper. Some people were very loud. The spa personnel goes around with a sign reminding people to whisper but did not actually say anything to the group of people that were loudly shooting the bull in the cliffside pool and surrounding area. All pools were clean and remember sunscreen is to be rinsed off before getting in the pools. There is a nice gift shop on property. Will definitely go again.

Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Guest:

It's gratifying to hear that you enjoyed such a relaxing visit to Ojo! Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes,
Eric Martinez,

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We were checked in just yesterday, July 12 and checked out this afternoon, here's me, my family and our friends' experience:

- 30 min late check in because of "maintenance issue." Note we checked in at cottage 26. We were not even offered a prorated refund or offered to stay longer (I will get back to this later)
- when I checked in, the smell inside the room was horrible
- swamp cooler was noisy
- there were bugs everywhere inside the room
- coffee maker was filthy (where you pour the water)

Here's the worst part. We checked out on time at 11 am but continued to park in front of the cottage while waiting for one of our friends. @ 11:45 am, before we left , my wife needed to use the toilet before we left, so she asked permission from the housekeeper that has started to clean our room for the night and she gracefully said yes.

While my wife was inside, a housekeeping supervisor or whatever rudely knocked at the bathroom door and disrespected my wife and said you can't use the bathroom anymore, you've checked out already, there's an extra charge for messing the toilet. My wife did not even have the chance to go. This horrible excuse of an employee berated a a paying guest that pays his or her job and belittling the housekeeper that was very generous to let my wife use the bathroom.

This very rude person didn't even thank us for staying and making sure she had a job, but instead was very inconsiderate, uncourteous, curt and should be disciplined or fired

I will post this on all sites reviewing Ojo Caliente and we will never come back nor recommend it to anyone. Whoever reads this from management, I hope you know what customer service is, because one of your employees has just lost our business.

3  Thank jayson m
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to discuss your recent Ojo experience with you by phone. As I mentioned, on behalf of our entire staff, we sincerely apologize for the rude and unacceptable behavior exhibited by a member of our housekeeping staff. Please know we take these issues very seriously. Additionally, our General Manager has asked me to relay to you that this matter is being addressed immediately. We can assure you that this will never happen again to any guest at Ojo.

Our Facilities Manager has also communicated that he will inspect all of the air conditioning units in the North Cottages for any standing water and areas where bugs may be getting into the room.

Again, we deeply regret that you did not have a more enjoyable experience with us. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make this right. I can be reached on my direct line at 505.583.3221.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

the spa is amazing! It is not only an indoor spa with excellent treatments (facials, massages) but outdoor experiences in all the mineral pools in a very tranquil and beautiful setting. Each pool is unique (love the arsenic pools) and leaves you feeling relaxed like no other spa I've been to. The blue skies, quiet, and waters are very cool. The mud bath is not to be missed. Photos of us and friends grace our frig and bring a smile at the memory of our experience. The recent renovation to the women's locker area is very nice. I recommend getting a treatment so you have a locker, robe, and full access to the day spa locker room....and you will enjoy it so very much. Been going for years and enjoy it every time. The restaurant is also a delight after a "tough day" at the pools. Try the sangria!!! The entire staff is very gracious and low key in keeping with the atmosphere. Love it every time!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of your recent visit to Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Resort & Spa. We're thrilled to know that you and your friends created such wonderful Ojo memories together. We hope you'll be able to return for another sangria and a dip in the Mud Area in the near future. Wishing you the best until your return!

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Almost my favorite place in NM wonderful hot springs and a mud bath and arsenic pool. Massages extra. Fantastic restaurant and gift shop on premises surrounded by majestic mountain setting. Off the beaten path but with a good mountain map you can proceed to Taos in 27 miles There is a whispering policy so be prepared to relax!

Dear Guest:
We're delighted to know you enjoyed your Ojo experience. We agree our majestic mountain setting is not to be missed. We look forward to welcoming you back for a soak and a hike very soon!

All the best,