“Absolute relaxation”

Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Just north of Santa Fe is Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs’ secluded sanctuary. Deemed sacred by Native Americans of Northern New Mexico, our legendary waters have been soothing body, mind and spirit naturally for centuries. Ojo is the only hot springs in the world with 4 unique, sulfer-free mineral waters. The resort is historic, yet modern and fresh with eclectic charm in a relaxed and tranquil environment. The full-service spa offers a wide array of restorative treatments including nurturing massage and hydrating face and body treatments. Don’t miss a soak in a private outdoor pool by fire at night or in the seasonal, detoxifying mud pool. We offer an unpretentious and uncomplicated atmosphere with a variety of lodging accommodations including enchanting suites, charming cottages, the historic hotel and private homes. All lodging includes access to all mineral pools every day of your visit. The Artesian Restaurant provides a casual dining experience and charming atmosphere. Our chef blends local flavors with global cuisine. Creative dishes include Green Chile Crusted Salmon, homemade pasta, and Ribeye. Lighter fare is available in the Wine Bar & Lounge. Yoga classes are offered 7 days a week. Ojo is nestled in a valley on 1,100 acres and is adjacent to thousands of acres of hiking and mountain biking trails. We suggest that you make reservations for spa treatments, private outdoor pools and dinner before you arrive.
Colorado
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolute relaxation”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Just spent a day at Ojo Caliente Spa and Mineral Springs. Took my daughter and 14 year old granddaughter for their first visit. It was a hit with both of them. My daughter said her massage was the best she'd ever had. My granddaughter and I enjoyed the mudbaths! My massgae and "scrub" were awesome. Love the quietness(except for the guy on his cell!) and all the pools. Always a special treat to spend time at Ojo.

Visited August 2014
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind review! We are pleased to know that you and your family had an enjoyable day at Ojo and enjoyed your spa treatments so much. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family members again in the near future.
Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“lovely location but poor massage”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Today I visited this lovely location about an hours drive from Santa Fe.

I called in advance to book a 'Deep Tissue' massage as I'd had a very long trip to get to America and needed a serious massage.

Sadly I got a very mild standard massage despite asking masseur to be as strong as possible.

For $110 I was expecting something a bit more fulfilling and whilst the massage service was relaxing it barely hit the mark in terms of tension release,

So I'd recommend going for the great spa pools and scenery on the way but have a conversation with them before booking a massage.

I did chat to reception about my concerns but my suggestion of a refund or a replacement massage fell on deals ears.

1 Thank ecotube
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit to Ojo. We are very gratified that you chose to include us in your recent travel. We regret very much your dissatisfaction with your massage treatment and shared your comments shared immediately with our Spa Manager.

Please be assured that we go to great lengths to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. When we fall short, every effort is made to rectify the situation.

Additionally, we pride ourselves on having some of the best licensed massage therapists in Northern New Mexico, all of which go through an extensive training and certification process. Your experience here was highly unusual, and we sincerely apologize again for your disappointment.

Your feedback is very important to us and much appreciated, and will be applied constructively in our efforts to maximize guest satisfaction here at Ojo.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further, and ask that you contact me via my direct line at 505.583.3221. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Rushed through”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The healing waters are totally amazing and the reflexology treatment was deeply relaxing. However, the information given for a first time visitor was way lacking when one definitely needs to arrive early for check-in -- and the trip from Santa Fe takes longer than the hour suggested on the site. So we were late to our private herbal soak, which meant it was cut WAY short (from 25 minutes to 10.) Then the person with whom I went also got cut short on the healing hands treatment, also paid for as a 25 minute treatment, which was only 10 minutes for her. Mine was the full treatment along with the reflexology. No reason given for that. And the Wine Bar? Horrible. Service was horrific, chips were stale, and the guacamole was just average. I'll go back because of the spa treatment I received and the waters are totally real as healing, but sure won't go on a weekend and sure recommend one pushes reservations for ALL the information required to get what one pays for. And won't go to the bar again -- or the restaurant.

3 Thank thea g
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest:

We want our guests to feel completely relaxed and at ease, so we're very sorry that you felt rushed. The herbal soak should have lasted the standard 25 minutes, as well as the healing hands treatment, so I welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. We assure you that we want our guest to enjoy the full time in their spa therapies. We're happy to know that you enjoyed the mineral pools and your reflexology treatement, but we are also surprised to hear about your service in the Wine Bar. Please call me on my direct line at 505.583.3221. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and I look forward to speaking with you at your earliest convenience.

Prescott, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“All this for how much?”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We ended up in Ojo Caliente while on a multi-stop road trip through New Mexico. I begrudgingly went along with my wife as I'm not anything of a spa guy nor inclined to the "treatments" described in the brochure. However, I was very surprised and pleased. For $18 on a weekday I had the opportunity to hang out and read under an awning between getting my fill of the various natural hot springs pools with my wife. The place was quiet, relaxing to the core, and a great value. My wife got one of the many offered massages and loved it. Earned big brownie points on this one.

3 Thank Al A
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Guest:

We're thrilled that you were pleasantly surprised! Thank you for relaxing with us, and for singing our praises. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Chicago, Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A peaceful oasis in the mountains”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited Ojo Caliente as part of a family trip with teen boys and a group of adults. This is an incredibly healing and relaxing place even if you don't opt for the spa treatments. The soda, arsenic and iron pools along with traditional steam, sauna and jacuzzi will melt away whatever stresses you're carrying. The mud bath leaves your skin silky smooth-no need for a facial! The pool is lovely, and accessible via a lift for wheelchair users and others with mobility impairments. Soak away your troubles while you breathe in the cool, crisp mountain air and enjoy!! There's a restaurant, gift shop and guest rooms for those who want to extend their peaceful experience. This is a must visit for anyone traveling to Northern New Mexico!

Visited August 2014
Ojowaters, Owner at Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs Spa, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Guest:

"Soak away your troubles while you breathe in the cool, crisp mountain air and enjoy!!" That really says it all! Thank you for relaxing with us, and for sharing your kind words. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next visit even more memorable!