“Hard to beat a fantastic B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quidhampton
Quidhampton Mill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Quidhampton B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Hard to beat a fantastic B&B”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed at Quidhampton Mill at the start of October. I travel all over the uk and spend alot of time away from home so finding somewhere that is peaceful, comfortable and friendly is important. Both Mark and Lesa are most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. I arrived late and Lesa kindly bought me a green tea. I apoligise for eating all the jellybeans but a great touch. The room was great so I was looking forward to Breakfast and once again Mark and Lesa came up trumps with a fresh home cooked breakfast with quality ingredients. I would like to say thank you to both Mark and Lesa for making me feel so welcome. My only critiscism is that as they set the bar so high everywhere else i stay is a let down. Next time I am in the area I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Any room will be great
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed at Quidhampton Mill for a Birthday Weekend treat and without sounded trite - we can't recommend it highly enough. On arrival (after a very long drive) we were greeted warmly and shown our room....it was so inviting we were tempted to stay put, fluffy pillows, etc...but it being a birthday and all, felt we had to sample the local hostelry - after a lovely dinner in a country pub (recommended by our hosts) we headed back for a relaxing evening. The following morning breakfast awaited and wow! what a breakfast, wonderful local produce, we were also treated to the blueberry pancakes - (you must ask for the recipe if you stay!) beautiful surroundings, couldn't ask for more. Martin and Lesa are the perfect hosts and it fits there warm personalities perfectly. The accommodation is so stylishly presented but warm and inviting at the same time. We stayed for a weekend but it's a perfect place to stay longer. On reading this back i see that i've used the word 'perfect' more than once. That's what it is.....just perfect!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My mother and I really enjoyed our time at Quidhampton. The decor was clean and refreshing; the shaker style made a wonderful change from those B&Bs that provide everything in matching chintzes. The breakfasts were extraordinarily good - we salute the chickens who produced those eggs and the pigs that produced that bacon. In addition, there were lots of little touches - for example the provision of such essentials as contact lens solution and chocolate in case of emergency - which made this a unique experience. The owners, Martin and Lesa, were delightful - very friendly (without being intrusive) and lots of fun. It was a two day stay but provided ten days' worth of relaxation!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We’ve just returned from my wife’s surprise birthday treat in Salisbury. There were several highlights, but the two that made the weekend really special were being taken into London by our son to see the RSC’s new production of ‘Matilda’, and our three nights stay at Quidhampton Mill.

Now Quidhampton Mill is no Crunchem Hall (thank goodness!) though I guess that Martin in his Sunday rugby kit might manage a fair imitation of Miss Trunchbull’s Phys Ed session, and Lesa’s baking would more than satisfy Bruce Bogtrotter. But what they certainly do have in common is that these are two experiences of the highest quality, unmissable if you are fortunate enough to be close to either of them.

Had we been Trip Adviser ‘geeks’ (Channel 4’s Attack of the Trip Advisers OMG!), we might have taken a micrometer to measure the dust. We didn’t. It would have been a waste of time. There wasn’t any. And even if there had been, the quality of the hosting would have rendered it irrelevant. Quite frankly, you could have been accommodated in a shed in the garden and you’d still come away raving about the experience! It’s not just the attention to detail in preparing the accommodation and the quality of the food (and all the treats!) What’s so impressive is Martin and Lesa’s friendly attention to detail in their relationship with their guests, coupled with their sincere concern for your overall experience. A more genuine and engaging couple it would be hard to find.

We endorse all the praise heaped upon them by other reviewers and send particular thanks for the birthday card, the cake and the candles, (and the chocolate!!) - all unexpected but greatly appreciated.

It was a privilege to share our special weekend with them both. We’ll certainly be back .

(Service deserves more than 5 but Trip Adviser doesn’t permit it!)

Room Tip: Any room with chocolate is fine....
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We were looking for a B & B to stay with our two small children and Quidhampton Mill was an excellent find. The B & B rooms are all in their own annex which we liked as we had small children and didn't want to disturb other guests. We had interconnecting rooms which enabled us to have our own room and the children had their own space. The decor is lovely and tasteful - soft colours, comfortable bed, quality linen and all the small things have been thought through. Wonderful breakfast the following morning and Lesa and Martin were extremely welcoming. Look no further - why stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms are great for families
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Middletown, Ohio
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Initially my husband and I planned to stay in the city of Salisbury; the Tourist Information office informed us that most places in town were booked but we might enjoy staying at Quidhampton Mill B & B, and offered to call for us. There was an opening, and Martin came to pick us up at the town center. We were greeted by Lesa with some wonderful scones and tea in the garden, and settled in to our room, which was immaculately clean and absolutely comfortable! Martin and Lesa were helpful with anything we needed, and provided us with access to their iPad and internet service so we could check some destinations and access our email, Facebook and other websites. I enjoy a full English breakfast, but passed that up when we discovered the pancakes on the menu - delicious! (And the jelly beans in the room were pretty tasty, too!). I particularly appreciated help trying to book a morning's horseback riding (which alas didn't happen, but through no fault of our hosts - it was just bad timing!), the printed directions and train schedules provided for us if we even mentioned someplace we wanted to see, and the beautiful setting - out of town and away from city noise, traffic, etc.
I would absolutely recommend Quidhampton Mill B & B as a great place to stay; although it is about 4 miles from Salisbury town center, it is easily accessible via a bus route through Quidhampton and allowed us to enjoy a little of the countryside which reminded us of home.
Hope to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed at Quidhampton Mill B&B for a romantic week end near Salisbury.
We chose the Loft room, which was really lovely, cosy and plenty of space.
It was warm and well furnished. The matress was in excellent shape and the bedlinen was soft and crisp.
The coffee facilities are completed with jelly beans and bottled water, and also there is a "in case of emergency" box, which contains chocolate, toothpaste, toothbrush, and other essential that you may have forgotten to pack. That is such a lovely touch.
The views from the views onto the meadows are really beautiful and unaltered.
The only downside for me was the traffic noise in the morning, specially on Saturday, which I could hear in the bedroom. So if you are a light sleeper like me, bring your earplugs. But it is still quiet in general and at night.

Most of all these aspects, my boyfriend and me really enjoyed the warm welcome of our guests.
Before our stay, they sent us a list of things to do and places to go to with their reviews. We then asked for specific information which they found for us by asking in their community. This for me is really going the extra mile !
Also on Saturday evening, we told them we had planned to dine in Salisbury and were offered a lift very nicely.
Part of the warm welcome translates into delicious food ! A lot of delicious food ! So if you are on a diet and don't want to encounter any delicious temptations, this is going to be a tough one for you…
Where to start ! First were the amazing cookies offered when we arrived, obviously breakfast in the morning (the full English with local products), then scones when we came back at 6pm (we had to pass on those in order to still be hungry at the restaurant, but it was hard!!!), again breakfast in the morning with delicious blueberry pancakes (just as fluffy as in the US) and second helping of those (this time I couldn't resist...), and then blueberry muffins for our journey !

At breakfast, it was nice to have a large selection of foods and including fresh fruits prepared. Magazines and books were available and an iPad to play around.

It is quite rare to have a couple where both individuals are equally involved into the B&B business and it is a very nice feel.
Both of them were doing the cooking alternatively, were taking time to chat with us, arranging their plans to accommodate us.

Martin and Lesa made us feel more than welcome. And we left their home feeling like we had visited some friends. This is what B&B is about and they have got it just right.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quidhampton
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wilton
Taylors Guesthouse
Taylors Guesthouse
#8 of 57 in Salisbury

Been to Quidhampton Mill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!