“much better than a hotel stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quidhampton
Quidhampton Mill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Quidhampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed en route to Minehead on 08 December. I had almost booked a hotel in Salisbury before reading the reviews for Quidhampton Mill. So glad I didn't because our stay was far beyond the hotel experience. The hosts, Martin and Lesa are the friendliest people you could meet. Don't worry, they're not knocking on your room door every five minutes to chat! They make themselves available if you need them and nothing was too much bother for them. The food was spectacularly good. Try the blueberry pancakes, they are delicious. My partner had a full english and which was beautifully cooked using great local suppliers. (not as ingredients I hasten to add). The room was so comfortable we both slept the best we have in ages. My only regret was that I couldn't sneak the bed into my case... I'll take a bigger one next time. Salisbury is very close at hand and Martin and Lesa recommended an excellent local pub. Would we stay again? Absolutely. P.S. Check out the trees in the garden, I think there may be fairies!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikkibroadstairs

Reviewed 7 December 2011

We stayed in the Loft at Quidhampton Mill at the end of November. When we arrived, Lesa and Martin were very welcoming, chatting to us about the place, showing us the room and offering us some freshly baked cookies - we timed it well! All weekend they were amazing, telling us about the sites to see, where to park and suggesting places we could eat. On Lesa's recommendation, we went to the Advent procession in the cathedral, which ended up as a real highlight of the weekend. The breakfasts were fantastic, so much on offer we didn't really know what to choose. The rooms were very different to normal B&Bs; the decoration was simple, nothing gaudy or over-floral, and the small touches - such as the just in case box - really made the room almost homely. The location was great, as after a 5 minute drive we were in the centre of Salisbury, but staying in the little village of Quidhampton there was none of the hustle or bustle of the city. All in all we had a fantastic weekend, and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in or about Salisbury.

1  Thank mazing
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Although now a couple of months ago since I visited with my girl-friend; I along with all the other reviews that have been left would highly recommend to anyone that they stay at this B&B if you are visting Salisbury or the surrounding. The room is extremely comfortable but it is really the hosting that sets this place apart. Lesa & Martin genuinely enjoy the company of their guests and go the extra mile in terms of any service or advice that a potential guest might need. I really enjoyed the breakfast we received and I point anyone staying there in the direction of the delicious pancakes that are one of the breakfast options. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I stayed at Quidhampton Mill at the start of October. I travel all over the uk and spend alot of time away from home so finding somewhere that is peaceful, comfortable and friendly is important. Both Mark and Lesa are most welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. I arrived late and Lesa kindly bought me a green tea. I apoligise for eating all the jellybeans but a great touch. The room was great so I was looking forward to Breakfast and once again Mark and Lesa came up trumps with a fresh home cooked breakfast with quality ingredients. I would like to say thank you to both Mark and Lesa for making me feel so welcome. My only critiscism is that as they set the bar so high everywhere else i stay is a let down. Next time I am in the area I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Any room will be great
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stayed at Quidhampton Mill for a Birthday Weekend treat and without sounded trite - we can't recommend it highly enough. On arrival (after a very long drive) we were greeted warmly and shown our room....it was so inviting we were tempted to stay put, fluffy pillows, etc...but it being a birthday and all, felt we had to sample the local hostelry - after a lovely dinner in a country pub (recommended by our hosts) we headed back for a relaxing evening. The following morning breakfast awaited and wow! what a breakfast, wonderful local produce, we were also treated to the blueberry pancakes - (you must ask for the recipe if you stay!) beautiful surroundings, couldn't ask for more. Martin and Lesa are the perfect hosts and it fits there warm personalities perfectly. The accommodation is so stylishly presented but warm and inviting at the same time. We stayed for a weekend but it's a perfect place to stay longer. On reading this back i see that i've used the word 'perfect' more than once. That's what it is.....just perfect!

Reviewed 13 November 2011

My mother and I really enjoyed our time at Quidhampton. The decor was clean and refreshing; the shaker style made a wonderful change from those B&Bs that provide everything in matching chintzes. The breakfasts were extraordinarily good - we salute the chickens who produced those eggs and the pigs that produced that bacon. In addition, there were lots of little touches - for example the provision of such essentials as contact lens solution and chocolate in case of emergency - which made this a unique experience. The owners, Martin and Lesa, were delightful - very friendly (without being intrusive) and lots of fun. It was a two day stay but provided ten days' worth of relaxation!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We’ve just returned from my wife’s surprise birthday treat in Salisbury. There were several highlights, but the two that made the weekend really special were being taken into London by our son to see the RSC’s new production of ‘Matilda’, and our three nights stay at Quidhampton Mill.

Now Quidhampton Mill is no Crunchem Hall (thank goodness!) though I guess that Martin in his Sunday rugby kit might manage a fair imitation of Miss Trunchbull’s Phys Ed session, and Lesa’s baking would more than satisfy Bruce Bogtrotter. But what they certainly do have in common is that these are two experiences of the highest quality, unmissable if you are fortunate enough to be close to either of them.

Had we been Trip Adviser ‘geeks’ (Channel 4’s Attack of the Trip Advisers OMG!), we might have taken a micrometer to measure the dust. We didn’t. It would have been a waste of time. There wasn’t any. And even if there had been, the quality of the hosting would have rendered it irrelevant. Quite frankly, you could have been accommodated in a shed in the garden and you’d still come away raving about the experience! It’s not just the attention to detail in preparing the accommodation and the quality of the food (and all the treats!) What’s so impressive is Martin and Lesa’s friendly attention to detail in their relationship with their guests, coupled with their sincere concern for your overall experience. A more genuine and engaging couple it would be hard to find.

We endorse all the praise heaped upon them by other reviewers and send particular thanks for the birthday card, the cake and the candles, (and the chocolate!!) - all unexpected but greatly appreciated.

It was a privilege to share our special weekend with them both. We’ll certainly be back .

(Service deserves more than 5 but Trip Adviser doesn’t permit it!)

Room Tip: Any room with chocolate is fine....
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quidhampton
Cricket Field House
#1 of 58 in Salisbury
The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory
#2 of 58 in Salisbury

Been to Quidhampton Mill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!