“Lush fairways and greens, walkers encouraged”
Review of Taos Country Club

Taos Country Club
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I live in Taos so I suppose I'm prejudiced, but the Taos Country Club golf course is a really good course. They use recycled water from the nearby sewage plant, and maybe that partly explains the lushness of the fairways and greens, which are invariably nice. The course winds its way through sagebrush, which may not sound appealing, but lends itself to lots of nice views of the mountains. There are more walkers on this course percentage wise than on any other course I have ever played, as the golfing population here tends to be concerned with health and fitness. Even walking foursomes seem to play pretty quickly. Just this week I played behind a twosome who were behind a walking foursome, and the twosome didn't keep up with the foursome. Takes about three and a half to four hours for 18 holes, which is less than many courses. Local lateral hazard rule is that if you hit the ball into the sagebrush and it is not OB, you must drop laterally back onto the course itself with a one shot penalty, as they don't want you chopping up the stuff outside the rough. The lush rough is truly penal in the summer, but not too bad in spring and fall. Overall this is a good course and an excellent golf outing.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Loved playing this course and the views were beautiful. Ate at the clubhouse and had a great overall experience. Treated well as a visitor by all staff.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you want a six hour round this is your place. No marshals to fix it. They allowed the locals to hold up the entire course. Also they pair you with people, you pay great money to be paired with people you do not wish to meet or have to play golf with. Went here to enjoy my girlfriend and golf. We were stuck with another person for 6 hours. The course was well maintained.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

This was the first time that my wife and I had play taos Country Club. We enjoyed the course and it layout. Can't wait to play again now that I know the layout, will hit the ball where it needs to go. Good time.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Its one of the most beautiful golf courses in the State of New Mexico.. the fairways and greens where in the best shape and easy to play .. I have a little fade in my golf game.. it made the course fun to play.. I have gone to the country for 5 years and its for the Hispanic Educational fund

1  Thank ronaldb_nm