“Every meal a feast” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Martina's Hall
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: O.M.H. Is a historic adobe nestled in the heart of the original Ranchos de Taos. Our fare is a marriage of contemporary, Southwestern flavors with New Mexican cuisine, serving Brunch and Dinner. The Bar has many local and import beers on tap with fine French, Italian, Domestic and Local wines on our list. Check our online calendar for upcoming Live Music shows!
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Every meal a feast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have been to Martina's Hall many times, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every single meal has been delicious. The building was meticulously renovated by the current owner and has a great and welcoming atmosphere. On a recent visit, the cappuccino was brewed to perfection and the croissant simply delightful. You cannot go wrong! We always look forward having our meal there.
For a simple drink sit at the bar and relax. In the summer time you can have your meal at the upstairs balcony/patio.

1 Thank Dorothee M

Omaha, Nebraska
“Very average in every way.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I was not a fan of the table placement. The entire restaurant was pretty much open, yet we were seated at a table where the only way for the adjacent table to get out to use the restroom or anything was to ask us to get up! We asked for a different table, but we were told no as they were expecting large groups to arrive. This was 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon, but OK. The server was very nice, but I think she is ordinarily the bartender or something. She did not seem real comfortable even reciting the 2 daily specials. I commented to my wife that the one thing sounded like something she would enjoy, and the server had to start the entire spiel over again about the 2 specials. I also believe she forgot to put the order in for my salad. Once I reminded her, she actually ran to the kitchen, and the next thing I knew, my salad was on the table. Sadly, my meal was ALSO ion the table about 2 minutes later. I ordered the seafood pasta. It was a solid B. It was tasty, but would have benefited from a bit of Parmesan cheese, and some salt and pepper. It was somewhat bland. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and the seafood seemed fresh. Cindy ordered the special of the day, I cannot recall the name, and she loved it. The ambiance was lacking as the place was very loud. Also, like I mentioned earlier, even though there were only 4 tables seated, they ensured we were stacked on top of each other. If you are in the area, and hungry, it is a nice break from all the green and red chile dominated menus. That being said, I would definitely not go out of my way to make a repeat visit. The restrooms were immaculate, and tastefully decorated.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Florida
“Beautiful Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We chose Old Martina's hall to ring in the New Year and what a great surprise. It has a beautiful bar and a large dining room located like in a ballroom type setting. At times there will be entertainment so you may want to call ahead to check out what may be happening the evening you will be dining. We chose the upstairs for New Years since there was a magic show and we wanted a little more privacy. The food was good and so was the service.

1 Thank travelthroughmyeyes
Texas
“Excellent food, great building, slow but charming service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a wonderful dinner here last week during a Taos ski trip. Gorgeous restored building across the road from the early 18th century church in Rancho de Taos - very beguiling spot. Beautifully presented and absolutely delicious food. The best dinner we have had in a long time. Service is very friendly but slow. They were aware of it which was nice. It was a busy night. Be ready to relax and enjoy rather than hurry.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Texastrips
Ranchos de Taos, NM
“Dinner in an airplane hanger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had dinner on a monday evening, so business was slow. A good thing! If the place would have been crowded, one would not have been able to hear. The acoustics are poor due to the place being so large. The ceiling is very high and the walls are mostly bare. With all the money spent on the rehab, it seems that chairs and tables could have been given more thought. Not the most comfortable seating. The food was artfully arranged, but not all that tasty for the price. We both had duck ($26.00). The meal was served with yams and something the server didn't know. I'll try the place again sometime, but not too soon!

• Visited December 2013