“nice place for lunch”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had lunch here with a friend; delicious pasta, good service, and nice environment. We'll go back again!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a brief visit in Taos (visiting my wife's aunt) and had lunch here on our last day. I had their daily special salad, Mozzarella Salad and my wife had their Tuscan Sandwich. Both were beautifully presented and were delicious. The restaurant is nicely decorated and has lots of artwork on the walls representing the work of local artists. We would welcome the opportunity to return to try other items from their menu.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We always head to the south end of town when we are taking guests out or want a break from the kitchen. Excellent menu and service, nice ambiance. Always a huge selection of daily specials and cannot beat the fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We just moved to the Taos area... We where told about this restaurant and that it was a great place to enjoy dinner. My partner and I where not dressed up because we had been moving in all day.. We had jeans and button shirts...hardly scrub attire though. The hostess immediately gave us a look then asked if we wished to "Sit in the Bar"... We said "No"... She said that their where very few available tables and that we would need to "Sit in the corner". We then entered the dining room to see MANY open tables. Shortly after another casual couple received similar banishment to the back of the restaurant in a corner. The waitress on the other hand was very nice. I'm vegetarian and found the menu to be limiting to my dinner choices. I was charge $4.00 extra to LEAVE OFF a sauce with chicken stock. My partners dinner was good but not great. My ravioli was average at best with very little mushroom & cheese in it. Spent $60.00 total to be insulted, sit in the corner and get average food.

4  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed 28 October 2013

After a half-dozen good meals in last few years of visiting Taos, we were disappointed with our most recent outing:

The Angel Hair Gargonzola with chicken dish was a bland noodle island atop a watery/milky lake in the serving dish that each of us ordered Chef Rene did not supervise this dish, as it was prepared by another.

But....the dish was largely tasteless because the gorgonzola flavor was diluted with too much cream. Or it hadn't been reduced enough to bring back the flavor. And, the chicken was hard to find in the "white noodle lake".. I had to add a half-teaspoon of black pepper to try to get some flavor back in to this dish. Should have sent it back for rework, but we were rushing to make the balloon glow that night at the balloon festival.

As an aside, Angel Hair is a poor choice for such a white sauce dish, as the noodles don't have enough surface area, nor body, to hold the sauce - especially when it is overly watery. A more robust noodle would help, but not with this poorly prepared serving we had.

Too bad; The Moz/Tomato salad was still good, thankfully. But we'll be looking for another spot for next visit. This old standby of ours just isn't..

2  Thank j d