“Local spot okay stop”
Review of Sands Restaurant - CLOSED

Sands Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just in town for an overnight stay. This hotel was located just down the street. The fish and Mexican dishes were nice. Not perfect, but certainly okay for our evening. The server was splendid, too. If in the area, we might go back.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very nice staff and a clean restaurant. The food was fresh tasting. An enjoyable meal at a fair price.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The restaurant was very well run. The staff was attentive and the Mexican food we ordered came out quickly. We had enchiladas with green chili. They had complimentary chips and salsa. Food was tasty, but not very hot. It was on a high average for price. One would spend over $10 for a plate with beans, rice, and two enchiladas.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Good Mexican food delivered hot to the table. The waiter was very attentive and made sure we liked our food.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

The restaurant is near I-25, service is reasonably quick and friendly, and the food is fine. Because I did not want Mexican food, I chose the soup and salad bar which was a good value. The vegetable soup was pretty tasteless, but there was a reasonable selection of salad ingredients. My husband enjoyed his Mexican food though I cannot recall what he selected. Lunch, including two ice teas, my very reasonable meal, and his platter came to a little more than $27 including a good tip.