“Very impressed, a pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Oakdale, Minnesota
“Very impressed, a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

Needed a place to stay in Raton, NM. and decided to take a chance on this one for the price. Got it on Priceline, we were given a room with 2 queen beds. We were extremely impressed with the decor and how clean everything was. The bed and pillows were super comfortable. Only a couple of things brought down our overall rating, AC was very noisy, it was 87 degrees that night, so we needed it. Also, there was shampoo/conditoner in the bath, but no hand and body lotion, I found that a little odd. Absolutely loved the window seat, great reading spot or just to relax and watch TV. Free long distance to anywhere in the lower 48, free WIFI too. Nice lobby, good sized continental breakfast area. Friendly staff, ok parking area, located right off of I25. Places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Get a room on the second or third floor so that you can take advantage of the view from the window s...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LeoLadyUpperMidwest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

You get what you expect. A clean room with good furnishings. Easy access location from the road. No bedbugs. We also had a nifty window seat in our room. Only minus was the late night visit from another guest in the room... never had that happen before. At least she wan't a burly, tattoed guy. Her key just happened to work for our room! Um... note to self- set the safety latch before nodding off. At least she didn't climb in bed with me- but this is the reason we usually avoid these off brand hotel chains. Inconsistent management. Will make for a good story though- and the room was fine for overnight.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

This motel is a great place to stay in Raton. I use this as my home away from home when working in Raton. Assistant Manager Marsha is awesome. During the last stay from Monday to Thursday, I arrived to the suite on Wednesday afternoon to find the dirty towels on the floor and the bed not neatly made. After I notifed Marsha, she took care of the issues and brought the room up to the standards of Microtel rooms. One morning of this visit, I woke to no internet or cable service. I informed the Manager, Steven of this issue. He seemed unconcerned and was not making any effort to call the cable company. I was not able to conduct my business on the internet before leaving for the day. Fortunately, when Marsha came in, she was able to find the problem and provide the wifi and cable once again for the guests.

This property gets an excellant rating for one reason. This assistant manager goes above and beyond to make sure her guests are comfortable, have the ammenities needed, and a pleasant stay in Raton. She even heads up the lost and found department for those of us who are a bit forgetful and leave behind things. I will be back at Microtel again before summer.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GrandmaButterfly
gm_ratonnm, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us, and the great comments you left about the assistant manager.

I understand this response to your review is late, but I wanted to touch base with you on a subject you did have issues with while staying at our hotel. This issue is our internet. I am happy to inform you we just finished updating our wireless internet with twice as many new high end wireless access points. We now have 6 all new wireless access points throughout the hotel which makes reliability of the internet near perfect!

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to accommodating you on your next trip.
Southeast, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

My two sons and I stayed at this Microtel for one night on Saturday, January 7, 2012. We arrived shortly before midnight. Our room was spotless and comfortable, and the staff was polite. The free wifi worked well. The continental breakfast was fine, although it did not offer a huge variety of items. Overall, the hotel was very nice and seemed extremely clean. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My family traveled through 7 states and stayed at a variety of places. Though this was the cheapest place we stayed, it was by far the best. We just happen to drive up on it. Very clean, very comfortable beds. We looked for microtels in every place we stayed, but didn't find them. A+

• Stayed November 2011
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

Raton, New Mexico is not exactly everyone's choicest destination; however, Microtel Raton makes life on the road slightly better. Economical. Clean. Decent sleep. Plus the standard continental breakfast (not the greatest, though). Situated near I-25 and adjacent to a McDonald's, this inn is similar to Super 8 and other budget digs. A good choice in a two-star town.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Very nice hotel, very clean, but the staff does not follow directions at all! I left belongings in my room and directions were not followed. Upon my return to collect these they had been shipped to my house which I had never approved! The belongings never made it to my residence! They are gone and no one knows what happened to them!

• Stayed October 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bnokes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Quality Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton
Raton Pass Inn
Raton Pass Inn
#3 of 18 in Raton

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton? Share your experiences!