“Below Average for Price”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Raton

Super 8 Raton
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Mena, AR
“Below Average for Price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

7/26/11 Stayed one night with business traveling group. Arrived late. Lots of parking although the poor-natured desk clerk told us that the donut shop next door would have us towed if we didn't move one of our vehicles. We were there to sleep only on our way through town. The mattresses were poor quality. The rooms were looked clean but didn't smell or seem clean. The towels were threadbare and left lint on us. It was OK for one night although I wouldn't have wanted my kids playing on the floor in the room. Seemed a little overpriced for the quality. It was only OK - we weren't afraid for our lives or anything, but it wasn't a place where we really felt welcomed or comfortable either.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank D0X1E5RULE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Socorro, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

My stay at the Super 8 was great customer service was excellent. I was also given the oppurtunity to see a black bear in the area of the hotel it was Awesome. People were great.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Scoobydoo1995
Bedford, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

The hotel reeks of cigarette smoke the minute you walk in. It's run down and in serious need of a remodel. Our room was dirty and hair all over the bathroom floor which proves they only changed the bedding. Or at least I hope they did. The mattresses are so thin that my 8 yr old found it more comfortable on the floor which was gross but I don't want to think about it. I think I would have rather slept in my car.

Breakfast was nothing special; two types of cereal and pastries. And we couldn't ever get connected to the "free" wi-fi.

At least they didn't have bed bugs and yes, I checked.

Room Tip: Keep driving if this is your only option.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
RatonGeneralManager, Manager at Super 8 Raton, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
We are grateful to know how are guest feel. We continue to work on the property as our guest are the most important thing.And we will continue to work on bettering our rooms.

Travellers are raving about these Raton hotels

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

We chose this hotel because we wanted an inexpensive place to sleep for a one-night stopover on our trip. I wasn't satisfied with this hotel at all, but I guess we got what we paid for.The Super 8 was a good stop-over location for our trip from TX to CO. But ther was no elevator, the beds were also not very comfortable, but you can not expect more than this as you are paying less.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank surajitsaha2005
RatonGeneralManager, Manager at Super 8 Raton, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
We are always grateful to know how our guests feel about there stay. It gives us the knowledge on how we need to take the action to better serve our guests.
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2011

For a basic inexpensive hotel, the Super 8 is fine. I found the staff very helpful and attentive. I left a bag at the hotel and they took care of it for 2 weeks until I could return. I would gladly stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
I'm proud to say that my current staff works hard and are honest. These qualities are a asset to any company. Also,am glad that others know that as well with great comments like this one.
San Antonio, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

Has wood floors ....unless you are on the 3rd floor, you hear people walking around upstairs whenever. Mattress was very hard. Parking near back of motel is poorly lit. Housekeeping was cleaning rooms at 8 pm at night when we checked in. Had a weird "use of safe for $1" waiver hand-stamped on the receipt which you had to initial at check in (when got to room, key was in safe). High Speed internet a little slow, but adequate and easy to use. Housekeeping walked into room 9:30 am next morning even though do not disturb sign was hung. Next time through, I will be checking around for other places before booking here again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rocketsatx
The safe fee is optional and the $1.00 charge can be removed upon request. That is noted on all Registration sign in sheets. At any time some people choose to quit leaving our staff short handed. We do our best to try to never clean at that time but unfortunately it happens but very rarely. Informing us about issues helps us so we can keep guiding our staff in the proper direction. We thank you.
Monterey, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2009

We had planned to stay elsewhere while in Raton but because I wasn't feeling well I chose the Super 8 Motel (it was one of the first motels as we came into town.) The staff were very nice and accommodating, but our room was a dark and shabby--very poor compared to the $80 we spent for one night. In addition, the property seems to have some issues with the area around it. We were towing a small trailer which was hit during the night and the hotel had to call the police for issues with intoxicated people in the parking lot. Our room was clean and we had no trouble with the wireless internet or the staff, but I'm sure other nearby properties would be the same quality for a much lower price.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
All light bulbs are now charged to enery saving bulbs. So we no longer have the standard bulbs we used to have.It is a shame that some of the issues happens.We do have someone here 24 hours. It is unfortunate that any guest or any company at times is faced with difficult issues as these. We continue to try and handle each issues with great concern and effort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
#3 of 18 in Raton
Motel 6 Raton
Motel 6 Raton
#10 of 18 in Raton

Been to Super 8 Raton? Share your experiences!