“Great Holiday Inn Express”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Raton
Duncan, Oklahoma
“Great Holiday Inn Express”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Rooms were very clean and updated. Staff very helpful. Lots of parking that is easily accessible. Very busy in the summer as many folks stop here during their trips to Colorado so book ahead or you are not likely to get a room.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your very kind comments, the staff was very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We are honored to be your hotel of choice in the area.

Guest Service manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on my way to Colorado. It was a nice hotel, but pretty pricey for what it offered, I ended up paying $163 for just one night! And there were hairs in my soap dish which was pretty gross... The best part about this hotel was the kitchen - they had a buffet from 5-7 which had some snacks and then the breakfast had lots of choices. I especially enjoyed the older lady who has worked there for many years. She was extremely nice and helpful, but I can't remember her name.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JJ N
We were very happy to see how much you enjoyed the free hot breakfast as well as the evening manager's reception, thank you for sharing your experience with others. We hope to continue to be your hotel of choice in the area.

Guest Service manager
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stopped here for the evening. The property had good reviews and was in an area we wanted to stay. When we checked in, noticed sign to "ask" about free movie. When I did, I was told that if I reviewed the hotel on "Tripadvisor", printed the review and brought it to the front desk, I would be eligible for the movie. WHAT? Isn't that backwards. Don't I complete my stay and then review!
I decided to skip the movie and review AFTER I had completed my stay! The room was clean and pleasant and the staff courteous. The coffee at breakfast was watery with no taste and did not even smell like coffee. Half of the toaster worked. Breakfast was not a home run!!
This hotel was highly overpriced and I would not return because of the price and coffee. I just love a cup of good coffee in the morning! If I was on this route again, probably would stop in Trinidad CO and skip This high priced area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Maryl42
marilyn1714, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
I thank this guest for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate all reviews. We need the feedback to know how we're doing.

We get a lot of compliments on the condition of our rooms and I'm sorry the cleanliness described did not meet our standards.
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My kids and I stayed at this Holiday Inn on our way to Colorado last summer, and we loved it so much that we stayed here again this summer. Beautiful property, friendly staff, fun putting green for the kids outside, delicious snacks served in the late afternoon/early evening, and a comfortable night's sleep. We couldn't ask for anything more. The rooms are spacious, and the hotel is quiet. We will definitely stay here anytime we are driving to Colorado.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our hotel, and thank you for sharing your recent experience with others. It was rewarding to read how much you and your family enjoy the clean, comfortable accommodations, as well as the service that you received.
We look forward to your next visit.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before.... This was an EXCELLENT hotel!
Prices was right, front desk was cheerful... the Handicap room was HUGE and had all the amenities an ADA room should have (but usually miss)!
Rooms were spotless and well designed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
marilyn1714, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate your glowing comments, and thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel with others. We were happy to see that our accessible room had everything you needed and more, as we strive to exceed our guest's expectations.
We hope to see you again when you travel to the area.

Gainesville, Texas
Reviewed 20 July 2014

While passing through the area, my daughter and I needed a place to stay. I had seen the billboards for the Holiday Inn Express and thought why not. I had no reservation and was on no discount or reward program with Holiday Inn. I was greeted with a warm welcome and pretty impressed by just the lobby. They had a suite available and the nice young man at the counter was able to give me a discounted rate for signing up for the rewards program. Our room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. This hotel is past the main exit in Raton by the hospital and well worth going past all the conveniences. We left quite early in the morning and once again i was greeted with friendly staff offering me the free breakfast they serve. I don't normally write reviews for a place i just happened to stop at for the night but this hotel was worth mentioning due to the warm hospitality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We thank you very much for choosing our hotel as you passed through the area. We were very pleased to see how much you enjoyed your upgraded suite, and happy to see you signed up for the IHG rewards program. We hope to be your hotel of choice in the area, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel with others.

Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We come here on occasion to visit New Mexico, and this hotel is very convenient. The service was great, a lady named Anaya helped me in every way needed. The rooms are very quiet and big enough for a family and it is very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
marilyn1714, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
We were pleased to see how much you enjoyed your stay, that you found the hotel to be both clean and comfortable, and that you appreciated the service that you received. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Service Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Raton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Raton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#11 of 18 in Raton
Casa Lemus Inn & Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Trinidad
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Trinidad
Best Western Plus Raton Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Raton? Share your experiences!