“Did I stay in the right place????”
Review of Arrowhead Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Red River
Arrowhead Lodge
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Red River
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Based on the other reviews about the Arrowhead, I'm questioning whether or not I stayed in the same place. I bought a "deal" from a local tv station, KVII, advertised as two nights worth $160 for only $80. I was led to believe in the details of my "deal" that I would get the biggest of the one bedrooms, the "bear" room, but I didnt. After looking on the website, I also notice that the room I got actually goes for $60 per night, not $80, so a little false advertisement, either way, I felt like I got jipped on my "deal". I bought this deal to have a weekend away, knowing it would be a little rustic, which I was fine with. We were given Room 7 upon check in. Very small, very dark, horribly uncomfortable bed, remote did not work for the tv, trash from previous tenant was left in the bathroom. NO outlet in the bathroom, the one that was there at the end of the light did not work. So my "deal" was for 2 nights, I couldn't stand 2 nights so we left the next day and got a room at the Lodge in Red River, what a huge blessing compared to my experience at the Arrowhead. The review that said this is one step above camping was right, if you are tent camping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie F
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Obviously, magic is at work here. Upon reading the review, I immediately went and checked the light in the bathroom, and voila, it worked. Of course, I turned the light on first. Regarding the $80 price on the promotion, we had nothing to do with it. The station called and asked if we wanted to participate in a promotion, where we made a little over cleaning costs if they could sell the room vouchers. So I have no idea how the $60 became $80. Pertaining to the different room than was expected, the radio station sold 80 or more of the "deals". Since there were only about 1/3 as many weekends available until the voucher expiration, at the end August, we opened up our other one bed rooms to the offer, and in a couple of instances let guests stay in a two bed room. I, normally, would believe a guest that trash was left in the bathroom except that we have excellent housekeepers and believe that there are no cleaner lodges in Red River. Also, they were wrong about the plug not working. Another interesting point, was that our location only earned a 3 rating, as we are right at the base of the main ski area. Also, service was given a 2. If they had let us know of their concerns or problems, we would have addressed them immediately. Since they didn't say anything to us, I don't feel that they had sufficient knowledge to address service. We have never had any complaints about 7's mattress. In fact, the person currently in 7 is staying there for the third time since the first of December. As far as the remote not working, I don't know, but it too is working now. An aside to other travelers, if you have a problem with a room, tell management. Most of the time, we can fix things immediately. Telling management helps them know if anything is wrong and will make your and the next guest's stay much more enjoyable.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We rented a couple rooms at the arrowhead lodge and it was very nice. The owners went out of this way to help or get us what we needed. If we needed another pot or pan or an ingredient for a recipe they helped out. The lodge was at the back of the parking lot tucked away in a nice quiet secluded area. You could walk right from the back of the top lot to the lifts. The rooms were together each having two queens and a kitchen with two full baths.

Room Tip: There is no pool or fitness center. Hello your at the ski resort. Who's swimming?
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary D
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

We don;t have a pool and don' have room for one. I feel that our money is better spent on
the rooms anyway. We do have a fitness area. It is called the Carson National Forest. Thanks for recognizing our great location.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Awesome weekend! We stayed in unit 1 with 5 other friends. 7 total. .... and there was plenty of room. The owners were so accommodating and helpful! Thank you Arrowhead Lodge for helping us have a great trip!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rhondamurry
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Thank you very much. Soon those two rooms will be even better.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

we are a family of 5 and went with 2 other friends. we stayed in the 3 bedroom & 2 bath cabin and enjoyed our stay. plenty of room for all of us and we could walk to the slopes.... definatly a plus because a have a younger daughter who needs frequent breaks. will go back and stay on the same place if available....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank tamara w

Thank you very much. If you are happy, we are ecstatic.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights and we had such a great time we decided to book 5 days in December for Christmas. We are looking forward to the snow. The rooms are awesome. We booked the moose room...Im excited!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank tomonster
JP K, Owner at Arrowhead Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I love perceptive guests. Thanks.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We rented 2 rooms: #12 had the full kitchen and #11 had a joining door so the whole family got to enjoy the convenience of both worlds. Our little Yorkie LOVED it there too. But he would bark at the deer that would roam the parking lot late at night. Even during the storm on 10/10/13 we built a fire outside! The only thing that made us sad was that we forgot the marshmallows. But no worry because the grocery store was right around the corner. I really loved that Arrowhead Lodge is just slightly off the main road and that gave us a lot of privacy. We always felt safe and secure at this location. Thank you Sir John for your friendly welcome!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with a full kitchen!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Theresa W

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks much.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

Was disappointed that the Trip Advisor reviews rated the Arrowhead so highly. However we asked for a comfortable bed in lodging that would accommodate pets and that is what we got. First the positives: The linens were all new and fresh. The location at the edge of the ski area was very nice and offered pretty views. There were grills and picnic tables for guests to use and comfortable chairs on the porch. The outside of the building itself was welcoming. The owners were friendly over the phone and in person and have worked hard to fix up the place but need to spruce up around the grounds a little more. There was lots of stuff sitting around including a roll away bed on the porch. The wifi was not very strong in our room so I had to walk closer to the office and sit outside to work. The rooms were basic 1960's with no A/C and even though it was in the 40's overnight the room never cooled off. The lighting in the bathroom was inadequate and there was no table lamp in the bedroom. The paneled walls had only been partially painted. All on all Arrowhead Lodge was a good overnight stop but $75 without tax or pet fee was a little steep for a post Labor Day weeknight stay, especially when there were no other guests that we could see.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank 7,422

One reason for “stuff” sitting around is that we are constantly upgrading the premises. Though, I'm not sure what they are referring to. None of it was in the way, except the roll-away, that the guest mentioned, and it was 4 rooms away from theirs. The bed had just been returned by another lodge, which had borrowed it, and I didn't have my key, so I could put it up. In my usual way, I forgot it, but put it away the next day.

The wifi is sometimes a problem, but we did buy a range extender, which we hope helps.

The rooms are not '60s, they are '50s. We prefer to think of it as extremely clean rustic, instead of old. As with almost all lodges in Red River, we don't have a/c. However, we do have a newfangled invention called windows in the back and front of each room, and pretty good ceiling fans. We were quite comfortable in our quarters, on premises, with the windows open and we don't even have the fans.

The astute will recognize the “partially painted” paneling as an accent wall. Several of our room have one. Quite fashionable. This is the first complaint about the lighting in the bathroom, but we have only had the Arrowhead for two years.

Along with online pictures of our rooms, are the room's prices. It is easy to see the room and the rates before arriving. Considering the nice condition of our rooms, our prices are in line with the other lodges in town, or less expensive. I consider $70 or $75 per night reasonable in a resort area, for a room with two queen beds, flat screen TV, coffee maker and micro wave. Except for our specials, we do not change our prices except for Christmas, Spring Break, and Memorial Day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Red River
1 mi away
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#6 of 9 in Red River

Been to Arrowhead Lodge? Share your experiences!