“Break the heat”
Review of Three Bears Lodge

Three Bears Lodge
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Red River
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We recently stayed two nights during a mid July heat wave in ABQ. We had 4 brief heavy thunderstorms in two days with temps in the low 70's and perfectly cool overnight. The property is very clean and well maintained. We stayed in the folksy studio cabin which is small, but is fine for a couple for one or two nights. All the staff are very nice and helpful. Red River is quiet and can easily be walked from one end to the other.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We only stayed one night, but we love staying with you. The cabins are clean and the staff is awesome. Your location is very convenient to shopping. Thanks for helping us make great memories! We'll see you again soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife an I stayed at the Three Bears Lodge, the end of June. This was a home away from home for us. We stayed in an efficiency cabin and it had what we needed for the week. We were close to the Red River Family Encampment, the main street and the mountain. We were cordially greeted and the room service was efficient for our needs. We enjoyed our stay and hope to return next year. Thank you to the Three Bears Lodge for a great week!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at 3 Bears again this July. The owners and their kids made us feel right at home. They take the time to know their guests and host Smores nights on Sunday, Tuesday and Friday nights. Hang out by the fire pit and meet your fellow guests and the owners. The cabins are quaint and situated in the heart of town on Main Street and just a block from the Copper Lift. Amenities include satellite TV, refrigerators, stove and microwave. This is the best place to stay in Red River and we look forward to our net trip to the 3 Bears Lodge. Thank you Chris and Debbie for making it a home away from home.

Room Tip: The rooms have all been redone in the past 5 years. We stayed in the 3 bedroom (there is only 1) and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Took 18 people consisting of 4 different families and rented 4 (2 bedroom) cabins at Three Bears. With such a big group I expected an issue of some sort during our 5 day stay, but this place couldn't have been more perfect. Cabins were close to a ski lift, restaurants, and shopping. Not sure we will return to ski there, but on a Summer stay we would stay here again for sure!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank OklahomaSlugger
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was a great place to stay for two families with a three kids combined (all ages 3 and under). We stayed in the 3 bedroom unit. It provided sufficient space for 4 adults and 3 kids. The location was fantastic. The Copper Chair lift is such a short walk, it made coming back and forth to the lodge super easy! We enjoyed the evening s'mores with the owners. Thanks for a great family trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carrie H
Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a nice place to stay. We stayed in a two bedroom "cabin." They are not stand alone cabins so that is why I put it in quotation marks. The owners were very accommodating for us. The first night we were there we noticed the bed in one room had my feet elevated and my head down. They came in the next day and fixed it. The old creek bed ran through there so it causes some shifting.
People staying there tend to feed the deer so while we were there it was almost a daily thing to see the deer. It is not encouraged to feed the deer but the people all around us were doing so.
BRING PAPERTOWELS. They provide a lot but they do not provide paper towels nor shampoo & conditioner. They do provide clean towels, TP, and soap.
I spoke with another woman who was staying at a local B & B and she was paying far more than what I was paying at Three Bears.
No need to buy or rent the dish sleds bc they have them there and will let you use them. VERY NICE & FRIENDLY people that own this place.
I will stay here again. I liked it that much. If I had to put something negative about it, it would be that the cabin smelled like maple syrup ALL THE TIME. I like the smell of maple syrup but after an hour or two I was not impressed. I had Debbie & Yates smell it when Yates came to fix the bed and they could not figure it out. I went next door the night before we left and their cabin didn't smell like maple syrup. They couldn't figure it out. We couldn't either. All I know is that it would wake me up in the middle of the night smelling that all the time. I'm sure I could have requested another cabin but we REALLY kept thinking that it was going to go away. It never did. We were in #7. I also did not like the mattresses in our room. Some of the cabins have new ones but I don't think this is one of them.

Room Tip: Our room had a full size stove and oven and the refrigerator worked great. The toaster oven doesn...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 2 in Taos Ski Valley
El Monte Sagrado
El Monte Sagrado
#2 of 14 in Taos

Been to Three Bears Lodge? Share your experiences!