“Woodlands on the river”

Woodlands on the River
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Red River
Woodlands on the River
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My experience was like the previous poster. Last time I was there the pond was full of fish and the property was well managed by a very nice couple. This time the pond was less than half full of water, dirty and a few dead fish around the bank.
There was one woman who was helpful and nice in the office. When she wasn't there a young lady was at the office. She was very unprofessional and argumentative. Not something I want to listen to on vacation.
The cleaning staff works very hard and nice but the condos are run down and definitely not worth the price. I would look somewhere else for a place to stay in Red River.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank texasyid

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I'll make a list to keep this simple. We stayed at Woodlands on the River 1. "Fully Stocked Fishing Pond" is a mossy puddle with a few 6 -8 in fish floating around, 2. The pool was mossy and filthy. When I told Lisa Curry, the manager, she told me it was that way because it rained. 3. My daughter found spaghetti behind her bed. I was told that "no place on the planet do the cleaning people clean behind the furniture every time". 4. The hide-a-bed was broken, so my sons slept on the couches. 5. The "1/2 bath" in our unit was literally a toilet and a wall mounted sink inside of a closet. An adult could barely fit in there. 6. My favorite, the blanket that had a...AHEM...DNA sample left on it. Lisa Curry suggested that perhaps it was yogurt, or toothpaste, and informed me that they do not wash all of the blankets in between guests, that the blankets were folded and in the closet by the last guests, so they did not wash them. She also shouted the question, "Are you a scientist? Did you do a DNA test?! How do you know what it was?!" Summing all this up, the morning after our arrival, we went down to the office, and left a note with all of our concerns and a message for the girl to pass on to the manager, We never received a call or anything, She told us to put the blanket outside with our dirty towels and housekeeping would pick it up. We returned about 4:30 or so, and they were still sitting there, so we took it to the office. The girl there was just filling in for the day and could not help us, but was going to pass this all on to her manager, Upon checkout, the regular desk girl tried to call Lisa, but she was busy, so she gave us Lisa's direct number. I tried to call TWICE and my husband tried once. The girl would send the call to Lisa's office and it would ring and ring.... After a few hours, Lisa called me back, yelled at me for "harassing her office workers", calling FIVE times, told me that I was no longer welcome in any of her properties and that I was "on a list", and made excuses for every single problem we had. She also asked me several times why we hadn't come into her office in town. I told her that I assumed that leaving several messages for her to contact me would be sufficient, I have stayed in a lot of places, from total dumps to very nice acommodations, and I have never been treated as rudely as I was by Lisa Curry. In the end, she said she would comp us $100 back, on our $600+ bill. She immediately emailed me statements for this, but the $100 has yet to be credited back on my card. I was shocked to be shouted at and berated by a manager in the hospitality industry, I really expected just a simple "So sorry this was your experience, what could I do to improve your chances of staying with us again?"
Not so much...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JB7878
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was a bit nervous booking here because there are no reviews anywhere but there were not a ton of options open by the time we booked our trip. We were pleasantly surprised. The property is about a mile from town which may be a drawback for some but we actually preferred it as everything is so cramped in town. My kids had a fantastic time playing in the snow behind our unit. It was really very beautiful with the snow and the river running through the property. Our unit (4-3) was well stocked and comfortable. The kitchen had almost everything we needed to cook a few basic meals. We did not have much experience with the property management so cannot really comment on it. Our keys were available at check in and check was easy. We would definitely stay there again. We really enjoyed the location!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
#7 of 25 in Red River
Golden Eagle Lodge
Golden Eagle Lodge
#6 of 9 in Red River

Been to Woodlands on the River? Share your experiences!