“I can't believe these other reviews...”

Riverside Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I arrived on Thursday August 11, 2011 for 4 days and 3 nights. At 4pm our room was still not ready. The lady at the front desk said she did not have much help. We had a 3 bedroom 2 bath cabin with a kitchen. It was yucky!!! This place looks like it has not been remodeled since 1980. It was gross but we had no other option. We had to ask for towels each day and they do not clean the rooms daily. Our room was only cleaned once in 4 days. We were on motorcycles so we would leave each morning and not return until the late afternoon and there were still no towels. This happened on Friday and Saturday. I should have taken some pictures so you could see how outdated and yucky this property really is....they should be allowing customers to stay for free...GROSS...DIRTY and TERRIBLY OUTDATED!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank misshambrick

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stopped at this small ski town on our way up to Colorado Springs, and the desk staff had gone for the night. When I called, they were just up the street eating dinner and they came right over to book us into a room. I thought that was cool.
The room was okay, very old fashioned and ski-lodge decor. I slept great in the king bed, and it had a separate room with TV. Overall this simple hotel met our expectations for the night and for a low price. It was the definition of 'average' which isn't always a bad thing for a budget stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MySalsa
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at the Riverside without having a reservation or any prior information about the Lodge. Passing through town on our Harleys, we chose it based purely on the condition and appearance from the street. We were given room 2C, which is an upstairs King suite complete with a full kitchen and a porch, . My spouse and I were impressed the minute we opened the door. It was clean, spacious and charming. We found it blissfully quiet as there are no rented rooms below. Unfortunately, we'd only checked in for that one night and rode to Santa Fe the next day. A day later when we were heading back north, we'd decided that because we'd enjoyed our stay at the Riverside so much that we called and requested the exact same room (2C) for another night before ending our vacation.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pjduval001
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed 5 nights in cabin 18 and it was great. Very clean and well decorated. We did not have much contact with the staff as we were constantly on the move, but when we returned to our cabin each day, we had nice fresh clean towels and washcloths. The two bedroom, one bath cabin was very roomy and the kitchen was very well equipped for our stay. The only negative thing that happened was on our last night. Our new next door neighbors had small children running around outside at 2 a.m. in the morning. The were extremely loud and their little butts should have been in bed. Otherwise, it was a great trip.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank draywilliams
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Staff and Managers were very friendly and grounds were kept nicely and fun things to do on the site without leaving the grounds. Location was perfect. Room was not very clean and bathroom was very dirty and run down. I had asked for the front desk to have the maid service to clean the mildew off the tile but it was never done while we were there. Bathroom needed patchup work and shower curtain ripped. There were remments of the last lodger there as well on the floor in the bedroom. Would of been nicer to have the maid vacuum during out visit. I was informed that the beds were suppose to be made up as long as there were nothing left on the beds, but the service was never made.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Riverside Lodge in February, it was fabulous! We walked to the lift and bought our passes and skied in and out everyday. The lift was literally one minute from the hotel. Our heater was acting up one morning and the manager came up and fixed it right when we made them aware of the problem. The kitchen in the room is great, pots and pans are stored there, we saved a lot of money cooking breakfast and eating lunch at the room. The Riverside is a wonderful and friendly hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jennayoung
Reviewed 26 May 2010

I had a great stay at Riverside Lodge and Cabins. I went with my friends and was vert pleased with the location, cleanliness and the near by skiing. The value is amazing! I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a nice ski vacation or even plan a summer trip for hiking and nearby lake activities. I had never been to New Mexico and was very pleasae and happy with our selection and choice!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
#2 of 9 in Red River
Laguna Vista Lodge
Laguna Vista Lodge
#1 of 4 in Eagle Nest

Been to Riverside Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!