“Great Place To Stay”

Riverside Lodge & Cabins
Austin, TX
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We had a group of 47 people on our trip, some stayed at the Riverside and the others stayed at the Copper King. Both places were great, myself and my family stayed at the Riverside. We have zero complaints.

The hotel is old, but so is everyone in Red River. The hotel is a stones throw from the Copper Chair Lift, so access to the mountain was great.

The Owners of the hotel were nice and helpful, my battery went dead on my truck and the owner helped jump start me.

The rooms vary a lot, we had the $136/night room, while others in our group had the $126/night & $206/night. All rooms are not created equally, our room had two bed rooms with a living room in between, with two bathrooms. The $126/night room had two bed rooms right next to each other with a kitchen, the $206/night room had two bedrooms but only one bath, and a big living room and kitchen. I think it is luck of the draw on what you get for rooms.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I don't understand all the negative comments below. My family and I planned a skiing vacation to Red River but were not familiar with the lodging options. I am not a person to jump into a decision so I researched all the lodging options and began narrowing my decision. I emailed about 5 different places and Riverside Lodge was the ONLY location that responded to my email. They promptly and politely answered my 5 thousand questions and responded again within 24 hours when I had another question. They also were very kind and helpful when I called 3 times with questions.

We arrived at the lodge around 2am and found our key tacked to the door just like I was told it would be. We stayed in room 13 C and LOVED it. It has two floors with 2 separate bedrooms upstairs. Each bedroom has a HUGE king size bed. I think they might be california King beds. The beds are firm but certainly not like concrete. The master bedroom has a balcony and TV. Downstairs is a fully equipped kitched with everything you need except dishwasher detergent and paper towels. There are 3 HUGE closets and 2 bathrooms that both worked fine while we were there. The living area has a great wood burning fireplace. We actually turned the heat off while we had a fire burning because it kept us so warm.

The housekeeper came by while we happened to be in the cabin and she was extremely friendly and helpful. She even came back 5 minutes later to tell us that 5 deer were walking by our front door and she wanted to make sure my little boys saw them!

I stopped by the office twice and both times the staff was super friendly and helpful.

We plan to come to Red River every year with our kids to Ski and I plan to stay at the Riverside every year.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayes in the honeymoon suite and it was nice but a little scary there was a loft upstairs that was like a made up room with no stairs or way to go up because of a fire hazard at one time, but the weird thing is that they left the room made up,dusty and no way up there on the second floor, its a little scary being it over looks the other main bed, downstairs!!!!!!!!!!!! bathroom door broken . I mean it wasnt horrible but it was seriously kinda freaking us out. Staff added to the freakeness, i love Red River nice people grea town!!! but i think we may find som other cabins, the alpine lodge is better!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
oklahoma
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Never here again: concrete beds, dirty looking faded washcloths they want you to use to remove makeup, furniture uncomfortable, handles on shoer backwards and broken and for 122.00 i expected more..

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OklahomaDiana
Forgan
Reviewed 9 August 2005

My family stayed in one of the older one bedroom, two bed cabins. Everything was pretty clean. It was old and rustic, but we weren't expecting an elaberate cabin. We didn't use the kitchen, so don't know much about that. We had everything we needed for our short stay and will return another time. I do plan to ask for a newer cabin next time, just to see how the newer ones are. As long as it is clean, I think the old cabins can be cozy too!

• Stayed August 2005
6 Thank Leah S
Dallas
Reviewed 17 February 2005

The staff was not helpful in the least and at times downright rude. There was a complete lack of parking space for tenants with no recommendations by the staff.

The interior of the cabin was somewhat dirty. Dishes not clean, bathrooms not sanitary..... There was 1 hand towel for two bathrooms. The bath floors were filthy and didn't appear to have been cleaned in weeks.

• Stayed January 2005
11 Thank phdphysics
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 February 2005

1. Not enough parking for the number of rooms.
2. Upstairs toilet was leaking. Downstairs toilet ran constantly. Management was informed and failed to do anything about the situation.
3. Management staff was rude.
4. Rooms were nice, but poorly maintained.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Lodge at Angel Fire Resort
Deer Lodge Red River
Deer Lodge Red River
#14 of 26 in Red River

Been to Riverside Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!