“Great place for a group!”

Riverside Lodge & Cabins
Reviewed 19 April 2010

For the last several years my friends and I have stayed at the Riverside Lodge for our annual get-away. There are anywhere from 4 to 10 of us which is perfect at the Riverside. We love the kitchen which saves us so much money- we ski-in ski-out using the copper chair- so much easier than trying to find parking at the ski area. Last year we locked ourselves out really late and the managers were really friendly and gave us another key even though it was really obvious we woke them up. With the prices of lift tickets and lodging at other resort towns on the rise, I think we will stick with staying at the Riverside in Red River as it is a really affordable place for all of us to meet up. I can't wait to go in the Summer, I've heard great things!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 March 2010

Stayed there the last weekend of Spring Break...very slow town, but Riverside was great. We had ten people, six stayed in a 3 bed condo with 2 bathrooms, and 4 stayed in a 2 bedroom / 1 bath condo. The walk to the lift was awesome, it's easy to ski down to for lunch then right back up the mountain whenever you are ready. The staff was helpful and friendly, and seemed to go the little extra bit every time to help us out. We had 1 problem with the tv, and literally about 5 minutes after notifying the staff, our tv was fixed. Hot tub worked great, Wifi worked perfectly on my Blackberry. After the snowstorm hit, I think the maintenance guy worked sun-up to sun-down to keep the place maintained and in good condition (clearing parking lots, moving snow on sidewalks, etc). Ski rentals were across the street (10% discount if you tell them you are staying at Riverside), grocery/liquor store was about 2 blocks away (easy walking distance). Everything you need is within walking distance (cheap burgers, nicer restaurants, rentals, lifts, lift ticket kiosk, bar, etc). Rooms aren't elegant, special, or classy, but they definitely do their job. They are warm, cozy, and pretty simple. If we go back to Red River, it's safe to say this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We had a group of 47 people on our trip, some stayed at the Riverside and the others stayed at the Copper King. Both places were great, myself and my family stayed at the Riverside. We have zero complaints.

The hotel is old, but so is everyone in Red River. The hotel is a stones throw from the Copper Chair Lift, so access to the mountain was great.

The Owners of the hotel were nice and helpful, my battery went dead on my truck and the owner helped jump start me.

The rooms vary a lot, we had the $136/night room, while others in our group had the $126/night & $206/night. All rooms are not created equally, our room had two bed rooms with a living room in between, with two bathrooms. The $126/night room had two bed rooms right next to each other with a kitchen, the $206/night room had two bedrooms but only one bath, and a big living room and kitchen. I think it is luck of the draw on what you get for rooms.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2010

I don't understand all the negative comments below. My family and I planned a skiing vacation to Red River but were not familiar with the lodging options. I am not a person to jump into a decision so I researched all the lodging options and began narrowing my decision. I emailed about 5 different places and Riverside Lodge was the ONLY location that responded to my email. They promptly and politely answered my 5 thousand questions and responded again within 24 hours when I had another question. They also were very kind and helpful when I called 3 times with questions.

We arrived at the lodge around 2am and found our key tacked to the door just like I was told it would be. We stayed in room 13 C and LOVED it. It has two floors with 2 separate bedrooms upstairs. Each bedroom has a HUGE king size bed. I think they might be california King beds. The beds are firm but certainly not like concrete. The master bedroom has a balcony and TV. Downstairs is a fully equipped kitched with everything you need except dishwasher detergent and paper towels. There are 3 HUGE closets and 2 bathrooms that both worked fine while we were there. The living area has a great wood burning fireplace. We actually turned the heat off while we had a fire burning because it kept us so warm.

The housekeeper came by while we happened to be in the cabin and she was extremely friendly and helpful. She even came back 5 minutes later to tell us that 5 deer were walking by our front door and she wanted to make sure my little boys saw them!

I stopped by the office twice and both times the staff was super friendly and helpful.

We plan to come to Red River every year with our kids to Ski and I plan to stay at the Riverside every year.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayes in the honeymoon suite and it was nice but a little scary there was a loft upstairs that was like a made up room with no stairs or way to go up because of a fire hazard at one time, but the weird thing is that they left the room made up,dusty and no way up there on the second floor, its a little scary being it over looks the other main bed, downstairs!!!!!!!!!!!! bathroom door broken . I mean it wasnt horrible but it was seriously kinda freaking us out. Staff added to the freakeness, i love Red River nice people grea town!!! but i think we may find som other cabins, the alpine lodge is better!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2009

Never here again: concrete beds, dirty looking faded washcloths they want you to use to remove makeup, furniture uncomfortable, handles on shoer backwards and broken and for 122.00 i expected more..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OklahomaDiana
Reviewed 9 August 2005

My family stayed in one of the older one bedroom, two bed cabins. Everything was pretty clean. It was old and rustic, but we weren't expecting an elaberate cabin. We didn't use the kitchen, so don't know much about that. We had everything we needed for our short stay and will return another time. I do plan to ask for a newer cabin next time, just to see how the newer ones are. As long as it is clean, I think the old cabins can be cozy too!

• Stayed: August 2005
#1 of 4 in Eagle Nest
Three Bears Lodge
Three Bears Lodge
#2 of 9 in Red River

Been to Riverside Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!