This hotel is great for families unless you have young children who still need their afternoon naps and don't sleep like a log. The rushing river, although not that big, can still be an attractive nuisance if your parenting style doesn't include direct supervision. There are rooms that face the river which is literally just within a few feet of the rooms (hm... building codes anyone?). In the summer, the outdoor seating is a really nice touch and the hot breakfast is made to order. The rooms that face the side street are extremely accessible for people who don't like steps or walking through flooded areas after it rains. I think the biggest surprises were (1) how up to date the rooms were, (2) how well maintained the rooms were, and (3) how even the TV remote is reported sanitized. The plumbing and air conditioning (heating) unit is on the noisy side. There isn't much dresser space for clothes. Avoid room 117 due to occasional strange bed vibration issues and loud plumbing noises at times. Btw, it is literally at the base of the ski lift and well within walking distance of plentiful restaurants, parks, and other forms of amusement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As the only franchised lodge in town, the River's Edge Lodge provides several amenities found nowhere else in Red River, such as air conditioning, free hot breakfast each morning, 42" HDTV's & HBO/SHO/250+ HD channels, and the assurance that we are meeting all of Best Western's increasingly stringent standards. We have the best location in town, with the Red River wrapping around the property's quiet, park-like setting (coming within 20 feet of some of the rooms). The Carson National Forest and a nature trail stretching for miles lie just across the river, and the Red River Ski Area's main Platinum chair lift is literally a few dozen steps away from our lobby's front door. The town's only grocery store and most of the best restaurants are similarly located within a very short walk. Come stay with the River's Edge and we will go the extra distance to make sure your every need is met. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Rivers Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western River`s Edge Hotel Red River
- Best Western Red River
- Red River Best Western
- Best Western Rivers Edge Red River, New Mexico