“Not bad for the price”

Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. There is no maid service during your stay, but you can trade in your towels any time you need clean ones. There's a nice view of Rio Rancho from the parking lot. Very reasonably priced. You have a small kitchen with full sized fridge, cooktop stove, microwave and small sink. The only problem we had was with the bathroom sink. The plug in the sink did not operate, so you had to manually pull it out when not in use. That was fine until the last night when it got stuck in the drain and we couldn't get it out. Overall, it was worth the price paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

It was very kind of you to take the time to post such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your drain being plugged. We will have Maintenance take a look at that right away so the next person doesn't haev the same frustration as you did.
Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

The room was nice. The view of the mall and Sandia Mountains from the property was nice. The staff were incompetent and rude. There was a lack of communication among the staff that caused me and other guest to experience delays, billing issues and general embarrassment. They will charge your credit card without informing you. They don't talk to each other so any particular requests or circumstances a guest may notify one staff member about, are not communicated to the day or evening staff and that causes problems. Pet friendly is a great idea and superbe service, but there are absolutely NO WAST RECEPTICLES around the outside of the building for guests to dispose of pet waste - Nasty! Guests with dogs are put in rooms right next to guests who are anti-pet and it causes unnecessary unpleasantness between guests and the staff. I called many times when I was away from the hotel and the phone at the front desk was not answered - No one answered, it just rang and rang - no answering message or voice mail or anything like that. The Grab and Go Breakfast (Coffee and Muffins and such) is a nice convinience, but they dont keep it stocked after the first round of guests have helped themselves. In my particular situation, I called the hotel several times before arrival to confirm the pet policy. I was told one thing, but when I arrived, the situation was the opposite, putting me at a disadvantage as I was coming in from out of town. The night clerk said she would leave a message for the day staff about my particular check in circumstances and that i was traveling with 2 pets. She did not leave the message and the day staff (manager) was not aware that I had pets. When I returned to the hotel that evening, the daytime manager verbally accosted me as I walked into the building. She accused me of abandoning my pets and of not paying for my room - that was actually paid through the end of the week. She told me she had called a detective to assist her in removing my pets from the building because she had not seen me leave in the morning and assumed I was either in the room passed out or dead, or that I had left and abandoned my pets. All this because the night clerk did not leave a message for the morning staff. The manager banged on the room door several times, seriously upsetting my two pets during the day while I was out. Her verbal attack was loud, ignorant and in front of several guests who were waiting to check in, out or otherwise needing services from the front desk. There was a clerk standing nearby listening to the onslaught, but she was not asked to help the waiting guests - the manager thought it more important to verbally harrass and insult me and have a yelling match with a guest at the front desk. When she finally called the night clerk in an attempt to prove to everyone standing around that I was a liar, she was suprised to hear that what I told her was the truth and that it was the night clerk who forgot to leave her a message that I had checked in late and would out for an early morning appointment. The next day the manager was apologetic, but it meant nothing for the embarrassment, humiliation and threats I endured from her the day before. I sent a complaint to the corporate office who has yet to respond.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you need a room that has easy access outdoors if you travel with pets; if you a...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank thegammit
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was poor communication between our staff members and the Manager. As well, that we were not able to provide pet stations around the hotel for your convenience. To make sure a situation like yours does not happen again, I am holding a staff meeting to review with the staff our companies policies on customer service and speaking about the best way to handle a guest issue.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

My stay here has been so awesome nice staff great service .. I would recommend this place to friends and family!!!!!!!! :) I am always greeted by staff by my name when i come in the hotel.. ..Which makes me feel wanted and comfortable staying here .. Which is a plus in my opinion I think customer service is very important when u are staying in a hotel . There rooms are nice and clean also has everything you need , which is very covenant.. they also allow pets that's so nice expecially for people that are alone .. Thank you so much for such great service ...( Veronica Salazar) :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Veronica - I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, We are so pleased that you are currently staying with us.

Thea Tzamaloukas

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent rate over the Christmas holiday. Rooms clean, with nice amenities - especially for the price - and very good service/staff. We did not use the cleaning service during our stay, so I can't comment on that. General decor, including carpets, in common areas is fairly old, but clean.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Once again, I and my entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thank you so very much!

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Everything went perfect with the stay. The only improvement I recommend is that coffee on weekends stay out available until noon versus picked up at 9:30 am. This in itself made it where I had to leave the hotel versus just run downstairs and be able to relax better.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is smoking on one direction from the elevator and non-smoking on the other. The carry...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you do not think our breakfast time is not sufficient enough. Company standard we all keep coffee out during the same business hours. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

It was a great location to get away its a bit hidden which I loved but at the same time everything was a few min away. The staff is friendly n courteous. I had a billing error n they immediately solved it. Thanks so much

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank syrigar86
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear you think we are a great location. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I am sorry there was billing issue, but glad we took care of it as soon as we found out. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotel family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I'm in Rio Rancho for business 2 days every week, so it is important to me to have such dependable, professional, friendly managers and housekeepers. I recommend this place to everyone, whether you're coming for business or pleasure. My room is always clean, and the property recently purchased new large screen tv's and new beds, which have spruced the place up nicely. It is safe and nicely situated on a hill. I find that the guests are respectful of one another. Mostly though, I return because the staff, including the housekeeping personnel, are above the crowd.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill K
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotel location.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - North Albuquerque
Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
#31 of 143 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!