“The staff is the best” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“The staff is the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here in Rio Rancho for 3 months. The only reason I can't give them an excellent score is because as we were going to check out one of the girls (who I love very much by the way) charged a months rent to my credit card without notifying me first. The credit card company would not return the money until we checked out which made my budget tight for the move- but hey I got it done. They returned the money. Solright. About the room the mattresses are new the bed cover is new they have nice large flat screen TV with Showtime. Local calls are free. A little cute kitchen is supplied with basic cooking and serving gear. The bathroom has tub and shower and a toilet. BUT this is not why the hotel is so cool. It is the staff. Thea is so awesome she may be blinding and then there is Sarita who I just adore. Lydia never makes a big deal of anything and I appreciated that. Emily always bagged my towels. But the coup de gras is the cleaning and night staff. Ana the main maid woman Cielo Azul allows guests to feel at home and it is fine if you want to clean your own room she will loan you the vacuum.Save your aluminum she recycles. Yeah planet. Edward the night guy works all night getting clean stuff ready for the morning. And the guests- even the people who at first looked kind of scary ended up being very cool. My advice. Be nice. Don't tell anyone- not even a taxi driver what your room number is. The Heaven Dragon delivery guy and pizza guy is okay tho. Do not invite other guests to your room ever. I had a nice stay but I would suggest a new computer system that would help the communication issues with the staff. Oh yes and please pay them all ALLLLOOOT more for putting up with me. Note on the location-it is right next to Intel that may be emitting some harmful chemicals to the environment. I hope someone is maintaining that. There is no fitness center or pool the closest restaurant is IHOP which is still quite a walk.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such positive feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating and pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Rio Rancho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here for allmost 3 months. The room and view were great. The staff were very good. Thea at the front desk and anna the housekeeper made me feel rite at home, and made me forget about my house and the frozen pipe that leaked water all over my house. My 2 cats were welcomed by the staff very warmley. Thanx THEA and ANNA

Room Tip: For an extended stay, ita quieter on the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 15 March 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your cats here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Rural Valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. There is no maid service during your stay, but you can trade in your towels any time you need clean ones. There's a nice view of Rio Rancho from the parking lot. Very reasonably priced. You have a small kitchen with full sized fridge, cooktop stove, microwave and small sink. The only problem we had was with the bathroom sink. The plug in the sink did not operate, so you had to manually pull it out when not in use. That was fine until the last night when it got stuck in the drain and we couldn't get it out. Overall, it was worth the price paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to post such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your drain being plugged. We will have Maintenance take a look at that right away so the next person doesn't haev the same frustration as you did.
Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

The room was nice. The view of the mall and Sandia Mountains from the property was nice. The staff were incompetent and rude. There was a lack of communication among the staff that caused me and other guest to experience delays, billing issues and general embarrassment. They will charge your credit card without informing you. They don't talk to each other so any particular requests or circumstances a guest may notify one staff member about, are not communicated to the day or evening staff and that causes problems. Pet friendly is a great idea and superbe service, but there are absolutely NO WAST RECEPTICLES around the outside of the building for guests to dispose of pet waste - Nasty! Guests with dogs are put in rooms right next to guests who are anti-pet and it causes unnecessary unpleasantness between guests and the staff. I called many times when I was away from the hotel and the phone at the front desk was not answered - No one answered, it just rang and rang - no answering message or voice mail or anything like that. The Grab and Go Breakfast (Coffee and Muffins and such) is a nice convinience, but they dont keep it stocked after the first round of guests have helped themselves. In my particular situation, I called the hotel several times before arrival to confirm the pet policy. I was told one thing, but when I arrived, the situation was the opposite, putting me at a disadvantage as I was coming in from out of town. The night clerk said she would leave a message for the day staff about my particular check in circumstances and that i was traveling with 2 pets. She did not leave the message and the day staff (manager) was not aware that I had pets. When I returned to the hotel that evening, the daytime manager verbally accosted me as I walked into the building. She accused me of abandoning my pets and of not paying for my room - that was actually paid through the end of the week. She told me she had called a detective to assist her in removing my pets from the building because she had not seen me leave in the morning and assumed I was either in the room passed out or dead, or that I had left and abandoned my pets. All this because the night clerk did not leave a message for the morning staff. The manager banged on the room door several times, seriously upsetting my two pets during the day while I was out. Her verbal attack was loud, ignorant and in front of several guests who were waiting to check in, out or otherwise needing services from the front desk. There was a clerk standing nearby listening to the onslaught, but she was not asked to help the waiting guests - the manager thought it more important to verbally harrass and insult me and have a yelling match with a guest at the front desk. When she finally called the night clerk in an attempt to prove to everyone standing around that I was a liar, she was suprised to hear that what I told her was the truth and that it was the night clerk who forgot to leave her a message that I had checked in late and would out for an early morning appointment. The next day the manager was apologetic, but it meant nothing for the embarrassment, humiliation and threats I endured from her the day before. I sent a complaint to the corporate office who has yet to respond.

Room Tip: Be sure to tell them you need a room that has easy access outdoors if you travel with pets; if you a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank thegammit
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was poor communication between our staff members and the Manager. As well, that we were not able to provide pet stations around the hotel for your convenience. To make sure a situation like yours does not happen again, I am holding a staff meeting to review with the staff our companies policies on customer service and speaking about the best way to handle a guest issue.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Rio Rancho hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

My stay here has been so awesome nice staff great service .. I would recommend this place to friends and family!!!!!!!! :) I am always greeted by staff by my name when i come in the hotel.. ..Which makes me feel wanted and comfortable staying here .. Which is a plus in my opinion I think customer service is very important when u are staying in a hotel . There rooms are nice and clean also has everything you need , which is very covenant.. they also allow pets that's so nice expecially for people that are alone .. Thank you so much for such great service ...( Veronica Salazar) :)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Veronica - I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, We are so pleased that you are currently staying with us.

Thea Tzamaloukas
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Excellent rate over the Christmas holiday. Rooms clean, with nice amenities - especially for the price - and very good service/staff. We did not use the cleaning service during our stay, so I can't comment on that. General decor, including carpets, in common areas is fairly old, but clean.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 5 March 2013

Once again, I and my entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Thank you so very much!
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Everything went perfect with the stay. The only improvement I recommend is that coffee on weekends stay out available until noon versus picked up at 9:30 am. This in itself made it where I had to leave the hotel versus just run downstairs and be able to relax better.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor is smoking on one direction from the elevator and non-smoking on the other. The carry...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 13 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you do not think our breakfast time is not sufficient enough. Company standard we all keep coffee out during the same business hours. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at abq@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
#39 of 144 in Albuquerque
La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque Journal Ctr NW

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!