“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Odessa, Texas
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hotel was nice and my stay was too short to enjoy the amenities. I will definitely look to book this hotel again since it was very close to family and city sites. The check-in was very smooth and was allowed a bit longer to get my things together at the end of my stay. I appreciate when hotel staff allows a bit extra when traveling. The price was definitely one not to miss out on and I am glad I took advantage of their last room available for my weekend stay in Rio Rancho.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Sylvia - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our staff and hotel. We are so happy we were able to accommodate you and look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
McDavid
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We have stayed at Extended Stay properties in Michigan and Colorado and they do not compare to Rio Rancho New Mexico. Hotel staff from the front desk personnel to the maintenance staff have been extremely friendly, polite, and informative. Although the lobby area and hallways look a bit dated and could use some work, the room is very clean and nicely upgraded with new carpet, a comfy bed, and spotless kitchen. We had originally looked into the Extended Stay Deluxe down the street because their rooms are bigger and they have amenities such as a gym and pool for the same daily price, but they were sold out on non-smoking rooms so we reserved a room here. We later found out that a co-worker at the Deluxe found his stay unacceptable and checked-out for another chain, so we we feel fortunate to have hit a great hotel the first time around.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
things about our staff and hotel. We are so sorry that our sister hotel was unable to accommodate you; however, we are so happy that we were able to!

We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
NM
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here for a volleyball tournament in March. I had never stayed at Extended Stay and was unsure about staying there because the price was really low. We paid $39 for a king bed with pull out sofa and full kitchen. There was an outdoor pool but it was closed for the winter. We didnt try the breakfast since we had to be out early in the morning but they did offer something. For $39 you cant go wrong!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pjulib
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am so thankful you chose to give our hotel a try! The king bed, pull out sofa and in-room kitchens are just some of the amenities we offer guests. We are so glad that you enjoyed having them available to you.

Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We've stayed here for 2 months so far and are adding another month. The staff are all wonderful and we thank them for all their help and friendliness. We especially thank Thea for helping us stay another month at our low rate. The room was wonderful! It had a very comfortable new bed, a kitchenette and a marvelous handicap accessible bathroom. The shower had a bench and handicap rails in it, making me feel safe while showering. They are also in the process of replacing the carpet in all the rooms and making other upgrades. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay, no matter the length of the stay. My cats fell in love with the easy chair in the room and I always had to eject them before I could sit down!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side have a great view of the Sandias.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
My team and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. It is so great to hear that you are comfortable and that our handicap room is accomadating to your needs.
We are so happy that you decided to extend your stay with us!

Thank you again for posting your wonderful review. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here in Rio Rancho for 3 months. The only reason I can't give them an excellent score is because as we were going to check out one of the girls (who I love very much by the way) charged a months rent to my credit card without notifying me first. The credit card company would not return the money until we checked out which made my budget tight for the move- but hey I got it done. They returned the money. Solright. About the room the mattresses are new the bed cover is new they have nice large flat screen TV with Showtime. Local calls are free. A little cute kitchen is supplied with basic cooking and serving gear. The bathroom has tub and shower and a toilet. BUT this is not why the hotel is so cool. It is the staff. Thea is so awesome she may be blinding and then there is Sarita who I just adore. Lydia never makes a big deal of anything and I appreciated that. Emily always bagged my towels. But the coup de gras is the cleaning and night staff. Ana the main maid woman Cielo Azul allows guests to feel at home and it is fine if you want to clean your own room she will loan you the vacuum.Save your aluminum she recycles. Yeah planet. Edward the night guy works all night getting clean stuff ready for the morning. And the guests- even the people who at first looked kind of scary ended up being very cool. My advice. Be nice. Don't tell anyone- not even a taxi driver what your room number is. The Heaven Dragon delivery guy and pizza guy is okay tho. Do not invite other guests to your room ever. I had a nice stay but I would suggest a new computer system that would help the communication issues with the staff. Oh yes and please pay them all ALLLLOOOT more for putting up with me. Note on the location-it is right next to Intel that may be emitting some harmful chemicals to the environment. I hope someone is maintaining that. There is no fitness center or pool the closest restaurant is IHOP which is still quite a walk.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Eva J
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such positive feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was accommodating and pleasant. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Rio Rancho
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed here for allmost 3 months. The room and view were great. The staff were very good. Thea at the front desk and anna the housekeeper made me feel rite at home, and made me forget about my house and the frozen pipe that leaked water all over my house. My 2 cats were welcomed by the staff very warmley. Thanx THEA and ANNA

Room Tip: For an extended stay, ita quieter on the higher floors
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 15 March 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you and your cats here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Rural Valley
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in March. There is no maid service during your stay, but you can trade in your towels any time you need clean ones. There's a nice view of Rio Rancho from the parking lot. Very reasonably priced. You have a small kitchen with full sized fridge, cooktop stove, microwave and small sink. The only problem we had was with the bathroom sink. The plug in the sink did not operate, so you had to manually pull it out when not in use. That was fine until the last night when it got stuck in the drain and we couldn't get it out. Overall, it was worth the price paid.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
vguerke, Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
It was very kind of you to take the time to post such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. I am sorry to hear you had issues with your drain being plugged. We will have Maintenance take a look at that right away so the next person doesn't haev the same frustration as you did.
Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
#52 of 144 in Albuquerque
Sandia Resort & Casino
Sandia Resort & Casino
#42 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!