Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Loveland, Ohio
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I went into this 12 wk. pre-paid stay 1800 miles away from home as a travelling RN with an open mind although of course hopeful that the accomodations would be all that I'd reasonably hoped for. What I experienced was horrendous. The noise level, cat/dog feces/urine in the hallways, dysfunctional plumbing, apathetic and disrespectful staff/mngmt. and having to change rooms FOUR times during my stay for some of the reasons mentioned, no fitness rm or pool as promised etc. I would most certainly NOT recommend anyone stay here. A guest should be compensated instead of expected to pay to stay here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Sheila M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Guttenberg, Iowa
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The hotel was located in a beautiful part of Rio Rancho, great view and conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. The overall room accommodations were good, nothing to rave about. I don't know how old the hotel is, but the bathroom fixtures could use replacing and the hallway carpets either need to be cleaned on a regular basis or ripped up and replaced, they made the hallways unbearable to walk through!!

In case you've never stayed at an Extended Stay, be prepared to pay an extra fee for house cleaning, at your request, if you're there any length of time. You can change out your own linens for free just by bringing them to the front desk if you don't want to pay for someone to do it for you.

We only read good reviews about this particular hotel before we booked a room for our visit, but having stayed there, we wouldn't stay there again. Maybe a different Extended Stay, but not this one on The American Way. Check out the one on Hwy 528 (Rio Rancho), it might be newer and cleaner. Just a suggestion.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have a mountain view. Check the window locks on the ground floor. In the first...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa O

Travellers are raving about these Rio Rancho hotels

Naples, Italy
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am taking a class at the University of New Mexico for a month. The Extended Stay was the most reasonably priced hotel for my duration of time. I have to travel a distance to get to school daily but it's worth it.

The Hotel is neat, well kept and has a pleasant smell. The Queen size room is spacious and the staff are very friendly. I appreciate them taking time out to do a little research before giving out directions.

Being a single traveler, I truly feel very safe here!

Room Tip: I like the first floor close to the Exits.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the staff and their ability to help you. As well, I am pleased that you found our hotel to be safe and comfortable.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming back in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 June 2013

we were traveling through the albuquerque area . i had done a little research before we went through. the only thing lacking in my research was the actual location. it's a fair piece from I-25 ( i mean about 6 miles).. my husband ( the main tired driver) said it was worth it. it was clean, the most comfortable bed ever, quiet, roomy. if you were staying longer, we had full mini kitchen. fridge was even already cold.it was reasonably priced. other reviews talk about issues with the front desk - it was not speedy checking out. but they were friendly and cheerful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I truly appreciate your kind words about how clean you found our hotel to be and all of the amenities we have to offer. As well, I am so happy that you found our staff to be friendly and cheerful.

Odessa, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The hotel was nice and my stay was too short to enjoy the amenities. I will definitely look to book this hotel again since it was very close to family and city sites. The check-in was very smooth and was allowed a bit longer to get my things together at the end of my stay. I appreciate when hotel staff allows a bit extra when traveling. The price was definitely one not to miss out on and I am glad I took advantage of their last room available for my weekend stay in Rio Rancho.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Sylvia - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about our staff and hotel. We are so happy we were able to accommodate you and look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
McDavid
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We have stayed at Extended Stay properties in Michigan and Colorado and they do not compare to Rio Rancho New Mexico. Hotel staff from the front desk personnel to the maintenance staff have been extremely friendly, polite, and informative. Although the lobby area and hallways look a bit dated and could use some work, the room is very clean and nicely upgraded with new carpet, a comfy bed, and spotless kitchen. We had originally looked into the Extended Stay Deluxe down the street because their rooms are bigger and they have amenities such as a gym and pool for the same daily price, but they were sold out on non-smoking rooms so we reserved a room here. We later found out that a co-worker at the Deluxe found his stay unacceptable and checked-out for another chain, so we we feel fortunate to have hit a great hotel the first time around.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
things about our staff and hotel. We are so sorry that our sister hotel was unable to accommodate you; however, we are so happy that we were able to!

We would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
NM
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Stayed here for a volleyball tournament in March. I had never stayed at Extended Stay and was unsure about staying there because the price was really low. We paid $39 for a king bed with pull out sofa and full kitchen. There was an outdoor pool but it was closed for the winter. We didnt try the breakfast since we had to be out early in the morning but they did offer something. For $39 you cant go wrong!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pjulib
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. I am so thankful you chose to give our hotel a try! The king bed, pull out sofa and in-room kitchens are just some of the amenities we offer guests. We are so glad that you enjoyed having them available to you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rio Rancho
#51 of 144 in Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
#39 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Extended Stay America - Albuquerque - Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!