“I will never stay here again”

Days Inn Rio Rancho
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Rio Rancho
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. There were several things that were broken in the 2 rooms I and my family stayed in. And the microwave was missing from our room. The pool looked like it hadn't been maintained, and the jacuzzi tub foamed up when it was started. All around, I was very disappointed with the condition of the rooms and pool. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Rio Rancho

Reviewed 28 June 2011

We stayed here for the convenience of the location, but I would have rather stayed further away than at this location.
1) the afternoon that we checked in we had to make 7 trips back to the office because our door cards would stop working each time we left (we made sure that they were not near phones or anything like that.
2) the carpeting in our room was so dirty that when I got out of the shower, walked across the room and then back and stood on the towel, the towel had black foot prints on it
3) when we checked in we were charged $1.50 for a room safe that i told them we would not use. I was told that we could get a refund when we checked out, which meant that I had to go back to the office....again. which i did, they gave me another receipt showing where i wasn't charged for it, except that checking my account and i was charged the full amount that included the $1.50 I have traveled all over europe, Israel, Nicaragua and the 50 US states and have never had to pay for the safe being in my room. THIS IS PURELY A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4) breakfast was a joke, they had 1 waffle maker for a whole room full of people, about a half dozen boiled eggs, some stale danish, 2 kinds of dry cereal. the pump coffee pots were out more than they were in.
I will never stay here again, and I will reconsider ever staying in a Days Inn at all....for these prices, i can stay at a Holiday Inn express or even a La Quinta.
5) King bed was extremely soft and had a very deep indentation in the middle. if you didn't sleep on the edge, then you were both in the middle together.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

The previous reviews are all correct: It's cheap, it's shabby and the carpets are scary. Ours has a patch in front of the sink. The problem is that the patch is a half inch shy of filling the hole they made.
Just went to the office to inform them they should mop the bathroom floor because there is a dried pee puddle in front of the toilet.
The A/C unit has two settings: full cold and recirculate without heat or cool. However, to make up for that, it produces some very entertaining noises.
We don't ask for much for this price - just clean. This room does not smell bad but the carpet and the bathroom floor are enough to guarantee we will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2011

This place has gone downhill. This was our 3rd stay in 3 yrs. This time we found a roach in the bathroom one morning, had no bath towels another morning and the wireless internet access failed every day. On the plus side, the staff did reset the wireless when asked.

There is an automatic charge of $1.50 per day for the safe even when you say you do not want it. They do take it off when you check out, but I bet most people forget and just leave never to return again which is what we will do.

The rates are cheap, but I will stay elsewhere next time.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2011

ok generic chain motel. indoor pool and hot tub are good. our rooms need a little attention mostly cosmetic ie borders on wall torn and loose, new showerhead not stable on wall just little things that would improve the look. beds ok. internet so-so but the location cant be beat for visiting rio rancho. Hospital,grocery store, Target, several restaurants etc all basically in the same big parking lot. dfinitley within walking distance for most people. driving hint hwy 528 (rio rancho blvd.) is a busy multi lane street. The hotel faces crestview drive a side street. there is no light on 528 and crestview making a left turn onto 528 imposible from crestview. if u need to go north use the target parking lot to get to the light on the far side. definitley will save you time and frustration

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2009

selected this motel based on price & location. room ready on arrival, only one luggage rack, Minimal guest breaskfast, choice of white or wheat toast, no bagel, no sweet roll, coffee was gross. Would stay there again only because of proximity to children.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2009

1. The toilet got plug on Friday morning. I went to the front office for assist
they gave me a plunger to unplug the toilet is this my job?

2. On Saturday morning my wife started using the hair dryer that is provided for
your guest, at which time her hair was pulled into the fan motor, because the
fan guard was missing off the back of the dryer. It took me at lease 20 to 30
minutes to get her hair out of the fan on the hair dryer an additional 30
minutes to untangle her hair. I informed the front desk of the problem and as of
our time of checking out on 7/20 nothing had been done about the situation. I also let corporate know of the problem. at which time they didn't seem to be concered.

3. We had four adults register to that room and not once where we given the
right amount of towels. When we ask for more towels the maid went to the next
room a smoking room and pulled 2 towel off there rack and hand them to us after
the present guest had smoked in the room leaving the odor of smoke on the
towels. If I wanted a smoking room thats what I would have requested.

4. In the parking lot where people where walking to get to there rooms is about a 6" round hole may 6 to 8" deep, no cones or some over this hole to let you know. If someone was to step into that hole and break a leg or evan fall who knows what kind of damage could happen.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - North Albuquerque
Comfort Inn & Suites North
Comfort Inn & Suites North
#50 of 144 in Albuquerque

Been to Days Inn Rio Rancho? Share your experiences!